Directfoto-can't get money back

Options
I ordered £22 worth of batteries from Directfoto and the next day had an e-mail confirming the order had been dispached.
3 weeks later the batteries still hadn't arrived so I gave them a ring.
I was told they hadn't any in stock and didn't have any when I placed the order!!!!
So I cancelled the order but they haven't put the money back on my credit card.
Every time I ring up the 'phone rings for 10 mins then cuts off. They've also so far ignored my E-mails,Any advice what to do now?

Comments

• gord115
    gord115 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Finally got through and was told they were moving premises and I couldn't have my money back until a Manager authorises it.There (convienently) wasn't one there so I was told I will have to wait. I have sent an E-mail to Watchdog!
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    gord115 wrote: »
    I have sent an E-mail to Watchdog!

:rotfl: .
  • gord115
    gord115 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nicky Cambells on his way
  • suegw46
    suegw46 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Contact your credit card & ask them to get money back for you.
    Also if any further problems try this site.
    http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/
    Good Luck
    :beer: IF YOU CARN'T BEAT EM JOIN EM:j
  • pt_duncombe
    Options
    Ordered memory card on 1 July. No contact from them so tried to chase. Phone line usually no answer. email took at least a week to reply. When I did get through they claimed it had just arrived (3 times!). I asked about changing to one in stock, but they were adamant it would arrive in time for my holiday (6th August); it didn't.

Don't use them - even pay a bit more, at least you might get the goods in a reasonable time.
  • iwassomeoneelse
    Options
    I attempted to use direct foto to develop some holiday photos, as I had used them a lot in the past and found them to be excellent. There was a website fault on upload, after I'd paid them (about £5).

I did get an answer on the phone last week, the staff member said there was a system fault but that she would have to talk to a director, and I would get a call back.

I have since called them and emailed them a number of times without response...

All I can say is don't use them...

Update - my credit card company are sending dispute forms to me to claim this money back. It's only £5 so I suggest you all try this!
  • iwassomeoneelse
    Options
    And another update - after three weeks I got an email from them, asked for a refund, and a cheque arrived this morning. Let's hope it clears, otherwise it's back to VISA...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure