TalkTalk

Options
Not sure whether to put it in here, the Broadband board or the rants board. :rotfl:

This is a broadband only account.

Anyway I was previously a customer of Pipex and TalkTalk have taken them over. In April, as I was out of contract I phoned to get my PAC code, as I was going to go to Sky.

When I phoned PIPEX/TalkTalk, agreed that if I stay, I could have half price for 12 months, if I agreed to a new 12 month contract. As this was roughly the same price as Sky and less hassle than moving, I agreed.

Previous to April they had been overcharging on my previous half price deal, so when I renewed I had a large credit on the account, so each month, I wasn't actually paying anything towards my bill, my credit was just reducing.

Roll on today, when I received my December bill and I have to pay £10.xx. I thought this was odd, as it is more than the £7.xx half price that I agreed to. Checked my bills and it appears that from Sep 12 bill the half price has disappeared.

So I have phoned up their foreign call centre (:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:), to find out what was going on. It appears that the half price was only applied for 6 months.

They have agreed to give me another 6 months starting from today. This no good to me as, when my contract is up in April, I will be leaving them and going to Sky, so really I will only be getting another 3/4 months half price.

I tried explaining this to the person on the phone and argued that they should back date to when my previous 6 month deal ended as I had agreed to 12 months and not 6.

I have asked them to listen to the call in April when I agreed to the account, but he said he couldn't, although he did say all calls were record.

Now, if they don't honour my 12 months half price, from April - April, like I agreed I feel they will have breached the contract.

Will this allow me to leave without penalty?

Sorry for the rant...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport