Options
2»

Comments

• katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi

Wondering if I have any kind of claim here?

Basically we had a new oven installed on 23rd Dec and the bottom oven didnt work from the start.

Completed warranty registration and called company on xmas eve.

Earliest an engineer could attend was today, NYE so I booked the whole day off as it was an 8-6 window.

Turns out that the company the manufacturer subs work out to knows what the issue is and is waiting on a part so no engineer needed today.

No call was made to either my mobile or the landline (1471 shows the last call on the 22nd) and they claim a voicemail was left.

Now - I had to use a days holiday from next years allocation and the chances are I'll have to book another for the actual fix.

If I need to buy back that days holiday at any point it'll cost me around £200 so is it worth pursuing or am I likely to end up flogging a dead horse?

thanks

I understand your frustration but at least you have the option of using a day's leave from next year's allocation/buying it back later. We absolutely do not have this choice. All leave must be used by the end of Jan. It cannot be carried over or borrowed/bought back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure