Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Kia Picanto Auto

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
2 replies 509 views
Hoof_HeartedHoof_Hearted Forumite
2.4K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
Wife currently has a Jazz. Great car and superbly practical. She is thinking of a new Picanto Auto (I know a nearly new would be better value) which she will keep for 6 or 7 years. 7-year warranty and servicing package. Anyone had any experience of the car? They are not unlike the fiesta to look at but much cheaper and way cheaper than a Jazz auto, which would be the preferred choice. The seats in the Kia are very comfy with lots of adjustments. Better than the i10.
Je suis sabot...

Replies

• oliverroliverr Forumite
    418 Posts
    I cannot comment on the Picanto, but my mother had the i10 as a courtesy car which is very similar. It was quite small (smaller than your Jazz would be), but you could fit a fair amount of shopping in the boot for its size.

As you said, a nearly new car (less than one year old) would be much cheaper than a brand new one and would still keep most of it's 7 year warranty. But make sure to get the new model (2011 onwards) as the old model was well, rather... crap. The new model however is much better so the reviews say.
  • peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the auto is anything like the manual its (imho) a good buy. Not as cheap ved wise and consumption though.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.