Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Repacement key and key fob for Hyundai tucson

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
3 replies 3.3K views
khampsonkhampson Forumite
357 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
Hi I have a 2005 hyundai tucson and I only have one key and 1 keyfob that is becoming warm, if I go to the dealer I will pay a small fortune for them. For a key fob I searched ebay and found this item

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130486923503?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

My problem how would I program this to work with my central locking system, the seller does not program them he only sells them, also does it need to be a special key to start the car, I guess I can't just go down to my local store and get one cut.

Any help will be great

Keith

Replies

• forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need the fob programmed for the immobiliser.

Check the handbook. Can you do that yourself with only 1 key?

Or do you actually have 2 keys?

Never buy a modern car without a full set of keys. Some cost hundreds and may have to be ordered.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• khampsonkhampson Forumite
    357 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    You need the fob programmed for the immobiliser.

Check the handbook. Can you do that yourself with only 1 key?

Or do you actually have 2 keys?

Never buy a modern car without a full set of keys. Some cost hundreds and may have to be ordered.

Bit late now lol hyundai have quoted £140 for a spare key
  • I must see about getting this added as a sticky :)

have a word with a local independant dealer. They will have a local expert somewhere who does this for around £50.
    They always know the cheap guys as when have you known an independant spend more than he needs to!!
This discussion has been closed.