Not what I ordered...

Options
Hi I wonder if anyone could advise on the following please...
I placed an order with a high street retailer back in Oct for a dining table & chair set. We were informed that everything was in stock except 3 pairs of beige chairs which had a 7 week waiting time.

Fast forward 9 weeks, I called to enquire about the remaining 3 pairs of beige chairs and was told that they were going through quality control checks. Same story the following week. Finally got told that 2 pairs of beige chairs were in stock and on the lorry for delivery and the other pair would not be delivered as the range had been discontinued. Then, on the day of delivery we were informed that they only in fact had one pair of beige chairs in stock and the rest had been discontinued so they would replace with brown chairs.

Today I have a pair of - brown chairs with light brown legs - brown chairs with dark brown legs and beige chairs with dark brown legs. Bit of a mish mash.

Am I within my rights not to pay for the 2 pairs of brown chairs which I hadn't in fact ordered and being charged for, they gave me these since the beige ones are discontinued?

Any advice would be grateful appreciated. Thank you. PA79

Comments

• accyuklad
    Options
    if i was told im getting 2 different chairs i would refuse to pay or ask them to take the full lot back

but im sure they have no right to charge you if you already paid but i would just send the lot back

ring trading standards and i bet they give you advice and help you out
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,743 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What solution would you be happy with, as the beige chairs are no longer an option.
    Sending all the chairs back for a refund and buying elsewhere or asking to have the whole lot exchanged for something else (eg all brown ones?)
    I certainly wouldn't accept what you've got now, but I don't think keeping the brown ones but not paying for them would be acceptable to the store. Although even if it is, would you want to keep a set of mismatched chairs anyway?
    So how exactly do you want them to put it right? That's what you need to decide before you get back to them.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • accyuklad
    Options
    if i was you just send them back and get refund only option you got really
  • PA79
    Options
    Thank you for your responses. We will speak to them today and see if they are willing to offer any discount as the rest of the dining furniture fits in quite nicely and we do really like the set up. A big square table that seats 10 is proving more difficult than I thought to find on the net.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure