Reclaim PPI from Welcone Finance 2002 loan.

Hi all,
I'm new to this site and would appreciate any help :)
I've successfully reclaimed ppi from 2 previous loans but I'm having difficulty getting any info about Welcome Finance. My husband and I took out a loan in 2002 with WF to be paid over 84 months, we sold our house in 2004 and the WF loan was paid off. I have the original paperwork and wonder what my next step should be?
I've emailed FSCS to see if they can give me any info and am awaiting their reply, as I found they are dealing with ppi matters concerning WF but I'm not sure if they are able to help as the loan was pre-2005!! This has confused me slightly :-/
Thank you in advance for any help or info.....much appreciated thanks :)

Ronnie

Comments

• jellie
    jellie Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    FSCS won't be able to help you, as a loan taken out before 2005 is outside of their jurisdiction.

Try ringing Welcome and asking what the process is - they will be able to advise what you need to do.
  • Thanks jellie, i was thinking that they would be no help but I was just going by what they had on their website, I will contact welcome to see if they can help, thanks again for your help :)
    Ronnie
  • kizzyk
    kizzyk Posts: 10 Forumite
    Hi, when you contacted Welcome Finance, where did you contact? I want to send off my questionaire but not sure what address to send it to? Thanks
  • jellie
    kizzyk wrote: »
    Hi, when you contacted Welcome Finance, where did you contact? I want to send off my questionaire but not sure what address to send it to? Thanks

When did you take your loan out?
  • kizzyk
    kizzyk Posts: 10 Forumite
    i took the loan out in Feb 04 so i know that i have to claim direct to welcome finance.
  • jellie
    Mere Way, Ruddington, Nottingham, NG11 6NZ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business