Hsbc ppi offer

I'm looking for some good advice..The story goes back over ten yrs..I've had 2 loans and 2 credit cards all with the same bank..It has taken 6 months from start to finish.I have just received over the last 6 weeks received 4 offers..the final offer I received for £1300 I was happy with..but the other 3 offers are between £100~200..All of the credit was dated around 2004 time..so why the big difference?should I question how they calculated these figures.Or should I trust this decision..any advice?thanks in advance

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,904
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Did you repay any of the loans early? If you do, then the early repayments would have seen a PPI rebate. Credit cards tend to only keep the last 6 years worth of statements. So, they may not have much of a history on file.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Credit card PPI is only paid on accounts with a balance. If you regularly paid off your card(s), this might account for your low redress amounts.
  • :think:Thanks..I'm just wondering now if I should request a full breakdown of payments I made,and then try calculate it myself,to see if its correct..Is it common practice by the banks to try and offer a less amount?thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    richy1975 wrote: »
    Is it common practice by the banks to try and offer a less amount?
    Not at all. Mistakes are possible, but they don't try to deliberately defraud anyone.
  • tinltl
    tinltl Posts: 7 Forumite
    Just write to them and ask for their calculations, they should present these to you. If they dont then write to the FOS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure