ESA Medical Appointment Given Then Cancelled

Options
Hello, been here for a while but i hardly post, wondering if anyone can help

i have bipolar disorder and went on ESA in October due to a third suicide attempt that meant i had to give up my job as my condition has got considerably worse and theyre trying out different medications to see whats better.

I was on ESA last year, and was told to go on the medical but they gave me like 2 points i think

now this time i got a letter on Thursday dated 24th Dec saying I had an appointment at ATOL in January

then today (Saturday) i got another letter dated 27th Dec saying they had receved further medical evidence and i didnt need to go, the DWP will contact me soon.

what does this mean? has anyone ever received this?

I have already arranged with my CPN to go with her to the medical for support and stuff with an additional letter from my GP, so I dont really know whats going on

thanks

Comments

• miduck
    miduck Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    Options
    It means they have decided you do not need a medical, so you will be allocated to one of the main phase ESA groups.
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options
    miduck wrote: »
    It means they have decided you do not need a medical, so you will be allocated to one of the main phase ESA groups.

Two groups.
    You can't be found fit with no medical.
  • big_Daddy_Dave
    Options
    ah right, thanks, just dont like having plans changed.

i thought that maybe because theyd got the evidence they needed more time to review it, therefore they cancelled my appointment and would give me a new one at a later date or something.

but this is cool

thanks
  • big_Daddy_Dave
    Options
    just been told im on the support group

so you guys were right
  • Horseunderwater
    Options
    just been told im on the support group

so you guys were right

So glad for you - hopefully you will now be able to relax more now this is sorted and get yourself sorted out. That will take time.
  • big_Daddy_Dave
    Options
    thanks, ive been trying for a while, the support is there, but i dont fully understand my condition myself even though i had my first episode back in 2008, stuff just keeps happening that takes me back to square one.

also, another thing, the lady on the phone said Id be getting 120 a week, that cant be right can it? o all the material ive read it says 105 for support group, unless she got it wrong?
  • big_Daddy_Dave
    Options
    alright, the letter says i get extra money because of the disability income guarantee and again extra money because im in the support goup
  • big_Daddy_Dave
    Options
    oooo just got a cold weather payment

i thought only pensioners got these

sorry, turning this into my blog
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts