Which Bank Account?

Options
Hello,

I am looking to switch my current account from Halifax as I find them to be really poor and unhelpful.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to which account is best, I will always be in credit so and overdraft is not neccesary.

I looked at Lloyds TSB for their vantage account which has a great interest rate but then noticed it is part of the same group as Halifax so I dont think I should use them? Another one I was looking at was NatWest, does anyone have any experience with them and if so how were they?

Thanks for any help I appreciate it.

Comments

• stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sam1111 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am looking to switch my current account from Halifax as I find them to be really poor and unhelpful.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to which account is best, I will always be in credit so and overdraft is not neccesary.

I looked at Lloyds TSB for their vantage account which has a great interest rate but then noticed it is part of the same group as Halifax so I dont think I should use them? Another one I was looking at was NatWest, does anyone have any experience with them and if so how were they?

Thanks for any help I appreciate it.

Dont bank with Natwest unless you want to spend the rest of your life on valium.

On a serious note First Direct they may be an option they have really good customer service.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you read the article on the main site? http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts

I couldn't think of any reason why you shouldn't go to Lloyds - don't think they share a CS with Halifax but their online systems are 100% the same.

NatWest wouldn't be very high on my list because they'll never pay you any interest on your current account and they have very few if any good offers in terms of savings accounts. I would place Lloyds, Santander and Nationwide way above them in terms of value for money, and perhaps even First Direct. I have accounts with all of them and would say that overall, they are all much of a muchness when it comes to CS. All of them have good and bad sides / days / people.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sam1111 wrote: »
    In what way, specifically?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport