spinal cord stimulator

Options
i am due to go in for the above trial with if things go well it fitted permanently,this is for complex regional pain syndrome,i have been told i need a new knee possibly both but have also been told no hospital will 1/operate due to the above and 2/i am to young and yes i have asked many times

any advice would be appreciated but no nasty comments please as i know some lurkers can be

thanks

Comments

• miduck
    miduck Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    Options
    What advice is it that you are looking for, you don't say?
  • anth1406
    Options
    sorry,has anyone had this procedure done have read as with any operation mixed revues i have had so many operations including muscle grafts that have not worked just wanted someones opinion that has had this procedure? or considered it?
  • miduck
    miduck Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    Options
    I'm one of those mentally ill people you think you are more deserving than. I was going to offer help, but after your comments on the other thread my offer is withdrawn.
  • mazza111
    mazza111 Posts: 6,327 Forumite
    Options
    I'm the same miduck, as one who's needing a knee replacement and with a daughter who's needing a double knee reconstruction. Including ligaments and grafts.... But I'm still kinda !!!!!! at the last thread :/
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter :j
  • Parva
    Parva Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    victoria04 wrote: »
    this is not related to the other post we share the same user name i have created another so not to confuse the 2

but i do not and would not judge any one or wish it upon anyone to have any type of genuine disability

the person this post relates to has had knee reconstruction ligament acl all previous ops that did not work when the accident happened the hospital A&E treated him with a plaster and sent him on his way,the knee was not broken though there was a small crack,they done nothing further till the plaster was taken off a number of weeks later and all the other damage which had been left was made worse by not finding the other damage hence he is still looking for something that will stabalise the knee but now they wont operate at all because of the pain syndrome.
    You can't just create a new account and ask for the same advice after you have dared to annoy people who were trying to help. Sheesh....

I'll answer the question though, listen to the medical professionals, they are far more qualified than anyone here.
  • belinda3
    belinda3 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a neuro stimulator in my stomach as I have chronic pain through a hysterectomy its rare but sometimes it damages the nerve.
    how can I help you I had trials first and than 2 weeks course at the hospital to learn how to cope with pain as it doesnt take all your pain away.
    Most people have them in the spine but mines not.
    its hard for people to understand as although in pain it cant be fixed by a tablet not even morphine helps have you been to cope yet its what you can ask for and they help you with relaxation and pacing yourself
  • Brassedoff
    Brassedoff Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Options
    I have had the full range of ops on my back and the NSCS inserted.

Are you saying you will not get a knee op if you have the NCSC inserted?

By the way, the stimulator does not stop all the pain, it sorts of trains you to accept it. You will spend at least four weeks in hospital and possibly some time in re-hab.

I can no longer have an MRI or CT due to the NCSC. What else do you need?
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Brassed off, why can't people with stimulators get CT scans? I have had a few CTs with a pacemaker in situ.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure