Unauthorised credit check admiral

Options
Hi all hope everyone is enjoying the festive season and hopefully not back to work yet haha!

Anyways about an hour or so ago I got an email from equifax saying there was a change on my credit file.

So I logged in to have a look to find that EUI LIMITED T/A ADMIRAL have ran a credit check against me. Now this has annoyed me and slightly worried me as I'm trying to get a mortgage and the mortgage broker says I need to wait a few months into previous credit checks clear off my file etc as there was a few done when i began looking for a mortgage for the best possible outcome.

I already have insurance for my house but that is with more than and don't intend to switch in January as they offered me the same rate which I was happy with.

I don't drive either so I am completely puzzled why they have done this does anyone have any idea and is there anyway to contact someone about this ?

Cheers

Comments

• SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you pay your house insurance monthly? And I assume this is with Admiral?

If you pay monthly, what you are actually doing is loaning the full premium and then paying it back in instalments. If you have decided to renew your house insurance, this may be the credit check to ensure you are still eligible for monthly insurance payments.
  • vaughi28
    Options
    Yes I pay monthly but my home insurance is with more than
  • SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ahh, not that then!

Did you get a quote with Admiral? If so, this may be a "soft" check of your credit record. This happens almost every time you use a comparison site to check prices. Although you can see these "footprints" on your credit record, they are not searchable to other people, so I wouldn't worry too much. If you speak to Equifax they should be able to confirm this.
  • vaughi28
    Options
    Yea ill get in touch with them that's the problem I have with it is I haven't asked for any quotes or been on any comparison sites not since January this year.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Admiral own a comparison site
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts