Statement of Accounts and Allowances

Options
Can anyone tell me who sets the amounts of allowances allowed for different expenses and if there is a recommended costs list set by some sort of regulatory body for this?

I do recall seeing a post regarding this and reading that a number of IVA companies use their own costs lists which may not be as accurate as the recommended expense amounts?

Comments

• DNR_2
    DNR_2 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Hi John10001, unsure if there is a reg body, this is based on my new income and expenditure sheet from our iva.

The usual: rent/mortgage, utilities, council tax, life ins, building/content ins, mobile/internet, tv licence, car ins, tax, mot, repairs, food, clothing/footwear, petrol, haircuts.

We didn't add the following in our iva at the start as we thought we'd be rejected: healthcare (scripts and dentist), entertainment (lunch, drinks, papers, mags), holidays, birthday/xmas, emergency contingency.

Then if you have children, school dinners, after school clubs, hobbies. Hope this helps, it's tempting to keep it minimal to ensure the iva gets accepted. Good luck and happy new year.
  • UpToMyNeckInIt
    Options
    Hi John,

Regarding what is deemed 'reasonable' expenditure: All IPs that I’ve come across make reference to the CCCS Budget Guidelines Report 2011. Download a copy here:

http://www.insolvency-practitioners.org.uk/uploads/Technical/BUDGET%20GUIDELINES%20REPORT%202011%20EXTERNAL%20FINAL%20DRAFT.pdf

I believe these were effective from October 2011, and used in my IVA implemented in August 2012. They may therefore still be current.

Even if the figures are slightly out-of-date, it is well worth a read, as it covers every form of expenditure, right the way down to allowances for hairdressing, kid's school dinners, meals at work, even hobbies etc if so required. This will help you budget more thoroughly.

If you are careful to correctly record your income and expenditure, your IVA payment should be set at quite an affordable level. I have come across people who underestimate their expenditure and subsequently have difficulty.

Best of luck.
  • UpToMyNeckInIt
    Options
    Hi John,

Regarding what is deemed 'reasonable' expenditure: All IPs that I’ve come across make reference to the CCCS Budget Guidelines Report 2011.

Just google: 'cccs budget guidelines report 2011' to download a copy.

I believe these were effective from October 2011, and used in my IVA implemented in August 2012. They may therefore still be current.

Even if the figures are slightly out-of-date, it is well worth a read, as it covers every form of expenditure, right the way down to allowances for hairdressing, kid's school dinners, meals at work, even hobbies etc if so required. This will help you budget more thoroughly.

If you are careful to correctly record your income and expenditure, your IVA payment should be set at quite an affordable level. I have come across people who underestimate their expenditure and subsequently have difficulty.

Best of luck.
  • john10001
    john10001 Posts: 129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks!

Can you tell me were I can find details of the CFS guidelines so I can compare them to the CCCS ones?
  • UpToMyNeckInIt
    Options
    I understand that CFS figures are not available to the public (really useful - not).

It's academic though as all IPs that I've come across use CCCS guidelines - aparently because thay are the only figures the creditors will agree to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure