Iphone described as perfect on Ebay....

Options
Hi all,

I bought a used Iphone 4 before Christmas from ebay. It was described as in perfect working order, no problems etc. So I buy it. It arrives. However the home button sometimes doesn't respond when pressed. I have to press it again to make it work. Obviously this is a problem and may get worse and wasn't described in the listing. Everything else is fine with it.

What can I do? Would ebay/paypal consider this a refundable issue?

Thanks guys
merry Christmas!

raf

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,250 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I assume you have spoken to the seller, if so what do they say about a return and refund?

If they are un co-operative then you will have a very good chance of winning a SNAD claim
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • raf80
    raf80 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not spoken yet but will. Just wanted to know options available as not done this before.

Does anyone know if the Apple store could sort this out. Ive been reading that they replace phones with this type of problem..
  • eliviajen
    Options
    Our 4s home button is also often a bit unresponsive and it was brand new 8 weeks ago when we got it - the other half says its because it is always thinking about stuff and it is dealing with other things first? I'll be watching this thread with interest - if it is a proper problem I would obviously contact the seller first, and then take it to the apple store for further advice x
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,250 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    raf80 wrote: »
    Not spoken yet but will. Just wanted to know options available as not done this before.

Does anyone know if the Apple store could sort this out. Ive been reading that they replace phones with this type of problem..

You should either contact the seller before you do anything at all, *or* get Apple to take a look. If however Apple do anything at all to it then you will be weakening your claim with the seller.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Home button problems can occur with the iPhone 4 after the phone has been dropped (been there, worn that shirt). The problem will usually worsen so tbh I'd send it back for the refund.

Depending on the age of the phone apple may sort it under warranty (under 12 months old) but if it has been dropped and shows any signs of this they wont touch it.

Private repair shops will charge £30 - £50 for a Home Button Repair.
    HTH
  • preable
    preable Posts: 2,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    My iphone has this problem but its due to running applications ect
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family