1235»

Comments

• Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    monty_don wrote: »
    hi
    I had a mortgage with Portman till April 2007 for 2yrs. The merger with nationwide occurred in Aug sept 2007, I had voted for the merger. Does anybody know if I should pursue for a pay off They say that I should have actually been with Portman when the actual merger took place in April 2007. IS this true.

Could somebody help me please

thanks
    Sumitra
    That sounds about right - and the Merger took place 27 August 2007 - so you missed by four months.
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • shell2001
    shell2001 Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure if anyone can help but here goes.

We had a portman savings account - opened in 2000, we left £500 in there. We have also had a nationwide flex account for 10 plus years. We recently closed the portman account under the assumption we would get a merger payment. Nationwide are saying we are not entitled to anything, is this right?
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It sounds as though you have been trapped by the rule that is discussed in the opening post of this thread. (#1)...

You are either a Nationwide 'signaway' customer from 10 years back (the operative date being 2nd November 1997) or you opened that account before the date and were never a 'signaway' - and can't become one simply through the Portman merger.

However, you will have lost any previous 'rights' from being a member of the Portman - that seems clear.

(Sounds as though you have been correctly advised - but the whole 'signaway' concept has been widely debunked here and elsewhere as largely smoke and mirrors)
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport