We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Will savings affect student loan? (Scotland)
Calfuray
Posts: 1,003 Forumite
Hello,
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I've been looking around the SAAS website for a while and tried searching, but I can't find the answer to this.
I am currently classed as an independent student, and I am assessed on my partner's wage.
Next year I am due to receive inheritance money and was wondering if this will affect my student loans? I know that you have to declare unearned income such as interest on savings, but will the savings themselves reduce the money I receive?
Thanks in advance!
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I've been looking around the SAAS website for a while and tried searching, but I can't find the answer to this.
I am currently classed as an independent student, and I am assessed on my partner's wage.
Next year I am due to receive inheritance money and was wondering if this will affect my student loans? I know that you have to declare unearned income such as interest on savings, but will the savings themselves reduce the money I receive?
Thanks in advance!
0
Comments
-
No. Student loans aren't affected by savings if my memory serves me right.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards