IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Disable parking at Meadowhall

Options

Comments

• arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    And how could the Council possibly enforce on private 'double yellows' when they KNOW that a person can park there if disabled?

How'd you figure that one? Making reasonable adjustments doesn't equal can park anywhere they like.
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    arcon5 wrote: »
    How'd you figure that one? Making reasonable adjustments doesn't equal can park anywhere they like.

Badge holders may park on single or double yellow lines for up to three hours but in general not where there are restrictions on loading or unloading – indicated by yellow kerb dashes and/or signs on plates. (You may wish to check whether a particular local authority has chosen to exempt Blue Badge holders from this restriction.) Where local schemes apply, such as those that apply in parts of central London (see page 25), you should check the rules for that area.

You are not entitled to park on yellow lines in off-street car parks.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@disabled/documents/digitalasset/dg_186198.pdf
  • torontoboy45
    torontoboy45 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    So why would the alleged lying criminals who allegedly work at Meadowhall who could see a blue badge on the dashboard, go to the trouble of rocking the car till it falls off the dash? :rotfl:

surely these alleged lying criminals will just issue an invoice and lie that the badge was never displayed;) sometimes pub talk and myth turns to paranoia. Do you also believe Elvis is on the moon working in a chip shop, reckon I heard that one last night in a pub, so must be true :rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    is today jan 1st or april 1st? oh the hilarity!

here's an answer to your troll* question: some PPC's have been known to photo the 'contravention' (y'know, a bit like real traffic wardens). 'shopping' the photo and getting caught would spell biggo troublo for the PPC. there's some anecdotal evidence of monkeys targetting vehicles with no alarms obvious and playing rock n' roll.

hope that clears a few things up for you.

* a troll or perky on steroids (in which case I claim my £10).
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    Fergie76 wrote: »
    Badge holders may park on single or double yellow lines for up to three hours but in general not where there are restrictions on loading or unloading – indicated by yellow kerb dashes and/or signs on plates. (You may wish to check whether a particular local authority has chosen to exempt Blue Badge holders from this restriction.) Where local schemes apply, such as those that apply in parts of central London (see page 25), you should check the rules for that area.
    Blah blah blah ...

Omitting the important fact that THIS DOES NOT APPLY ON PRIVATE LAND. It's irrelevant.
  • Happychappy
    Happychappy Posts: 2,936 Forumite
    Options
    is today jan 1st or april 1st? oh the hilarity!

here's an answer to your troll* question: some PPC's have been known to photo the 'contravention' (y'know, a bit like real traffic wardens). 'shopping' the photo and getting caught would spell biggo troublo for the PPC. there's some anecdotal evidence of monkeys targetting vehicles with no alarms obvious and playing rock n' roll.

hope that clears a few things up for you.

* a troll or perky on steroids (in which case I claim my £10).

You still haven't answered my question? WHY would these alleged lying thieving scumbags go to the trouble of allegedly rocking cars for badges to fall off ?

Are they all Geoff Cape type. Creatures:eek: why don't they just ticket regardless of whether there is a ticket on or not? Who is there when they ticket to show there wasn't a ticket, it is purely there word, so if they are going to lie, then why go to the trouble of physical feats, have you not seen most of the stick insect blue and free meanies, they aren't capable of these feats

I just think your paranoia has got to you and all this crap of I saw it on a forum! My goodness what a gullible simpleton you sound ?

I completely and utterly disagree with these companies making money out of car parking, but this ridiculous theory that there are hobbits running around rocking cars in broad daylight makes me smile:rotfl: you really have made my day
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    Options
    Blah blah blah ...

Omitting the important fact that THIS DOES NOT APPLY ON PRIVATE LAND. It's irrelevant.

Yeah, I realised after I posted that they were referring to private land, but that wasn't obvious from their post. Only from the post they quoted.

I was answering the more general point about parking on YL and DWL.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You still haven't answered my question? WHY would these alleged lying thieving scumbags go to the trouble of allegedly rocking cars for badges to fall off ?

Are they all Geoff Cape type. Creatures:eek: why don't they just ticket regardless of whether there is a ticket on or not? Who is there when they ticket to show there wasn't a ticket, it is purely there word, so if they are going to lie, then why go to the trouble of physical feats, have you not seen most of the stick insect blue and free meanies, they aren't capable of these feats

I just think your paranoia has got to you and all this crap of I saw it on a forum! My goodness what a gullible simpleton you sound ?

I completely and utterly disagree with these companies making money out of car parking, but this ridiculous theory that there are hobbits running around rocking cars in broad daylight makes me smile:rotfl: you really have made my day

There have been cases in the past where car park attendants have even gone as far as breaking into cars in order to remove the tickets, so that they could be clamped, why accept a few pounds for a space when you can break into a car steal the ticket and then charge hundreds.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 1 January 2013 at 10:12PM
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No I don't think so. Those lines, on private car parks/private entrance roads still mean nowt.

And how could the Council possibly enforce on private 'double yellows' when they KNOW that a person can park there if disabled?
    arcon5 wrote: »

I figure it just as posted by Fergie76 in post #23. :p

If private car park owners want to invite the Council to enforce 'proper' regs, I don't have a problem with it - but you/they should learn the rules about double yellows!

You may like to check the rules yourself before posting about it again - this is not to do with reasonable adjustments, this is statutory regs. Double yellow lines on-street do NOT mean 'no parking at all'. There are exemptions and disabled badge-holders are one main exempt category for three whole hours.

Did you not know that Blue Badge Holders can park on yellow lines?

Did you know you can also load/unload on double or single yellows, or stop to let passengers in or out, even getting out to help them to or from adjacent premises if the passenger is a child, or elderly/disabled? The only difference is where there's a loading/unloading restriction sign and kerb blips (then it's a no-no to park).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    edited 2 January 2013 at 1:39AM
    Options
    So why would the alleged lying criminals who allegedly work at Meadowhall who could see a blue badge on the dashboard, go to the trouble of rocking the car till it falls off the dash? :rotfl:

surely these alleged lying criminals will just issue an invoice and lie that the badge was never displayed;) sometimes pub talk and myth turns to paranoia. Do you also believe Elvis is on the moon working in a chip shop, reckon I heard that one last night in a pub, so must be true :rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Lots and lots of anecdotal evidence on these and other forums, including one of someone using a leaf blower to dislodge P&D tickets from people's dashboards.

Why would they do it rather than just issue a ticket? Who knows, maybe some do and some don't. It would certainly make their 'photo evidence' more convincing if they can show clearly that a blue badge or a P&D ticket definitely isn't on display.

Why the smileys? Are you trying to be patronising or something? Do you know for a fact that this sort of thing DOESN'T happen?

Why are you implying that what I am saying equates to paranoia? Do you even know what it means?
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options

What a grade-A pr*ck you are.
    Je Suis Cecil.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family