Wembley Concert - advice please

Options
Hi there

Am going to the Live Earth Concert in February, and must confess that I haven't been to a concert of any kind in 15 years...

Basically, I haven't a clue what to expect when I get there. My husband and I are staying at a hotel the night before (and after) and intend to get up fairly late, eat as big a breakfast as we can (all included), and make our way there. Although I don't know what time the concert is due to start, can you all please give me advice on any Money-Saving tips for our (probably very long) day.

I know we will be searched before we go in. Will we be allowed to take our own drinks etc. into the concert? I have heard rumours of £7 cheeseburgers! Are cameras/video cameras allowed? Best places to buy merchandise - inside or out? I guess choice of clothing/raincoats/suncream depends on the weather on the day.

Any help gratefully received. :)
'My father told me to go for it.
So I went for it. But it had gone.'

Comments

• KizzyK_2
    KizzyK_2 Posts: 993 Forumite
    Options
    At Earls Court they make you give up any drink that your carrying (including water in any size bottle), it might be worth phoning about 3 weeks before the concert to see what their bottle policy is.

Cameras will be fine im not sure about video cameras - it might depend on the size but in my experience they dont allow them

If your gonna buy a T shirt from the guy selling them on the street outside the venue make sure you get a good look at the front and back - We got two Reading Ts a few years ago for £10 which looked great on the back but not so good on the front :rolleyes:
    :j Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus :j

• kt21
    kt21 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah definatley make sure you take sunscreen and clothes for rain. Also a good idea to take black bin bags. You can sit on them then and also use them as rain sheilds as well. Concert food can be very expensive, im not sure what their food policy is. Have fun, im very jealous!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure