Any anecdotal info about how long the RPO take to pay out?

Options
We have had an email to confirm that they have the forms, and that no further information is needed. It says that they pay out 90 odd % of claims within 6 weeks.

My husband got to work 3 weeks ago to find him and his staff locked out and being told that they were redundant. They got no notice (we have claimed that payment too) despite the company knowing for months that this was coming :(

So, 6 weeks before Xmas they have made him redundant, not paid his salary and claim that as the company has been put into administration, they can't pay his redundancy, even though they have started up again with millions in investment and a ^slightly^ different name:mad:

We have no money. We managed to pay last months bills on a wing and a prayer thanks to a loan from my parents but they cant afford to keep bailing us out. We are buying groceries etc with the run on tax credits and his JSA should come through in the next couple of days, but that still leaves us hundreds short for the mortgage and bills every month. We need this money, but I am worried that it wont come through in time for the bills on 2nd January, especially with all the bank holidays etc coming up :(

If you have claimed from the RPO, how long did it take for your payment to come through?

Thanks.

Comments

• bloolagoon
    bloolagoon Posts: 7,973 Forumite
    Options
    I would think this time of year it would take a small miracle before the 2nd of January. My brother waited 11 weeks recently, thankfully he got a new job within days.
    Tomorrow is the most important thing in life
  • scoobydoobydoo
    Options
    Thanks

Thats what I was thinking.

It wouldnt have been so bad if we had known he was going to be made redundant, we could have planned for it but Rileys didnt seem to think that we need to know :(
  • bloolagoon
    bloolagoon Posts: 7,973 Forumite
    Options
    It's a truly awful situation to be in and my heart goes out to you both. Maybe my brothers payment was delayed as there were issues over their liquidation and so yours will be quicker. I'd just hate to raise hopes falsely.
    Tomorrow is the most important thing in life
  • scoobydoobydoo
    Options
    I appreciate your replies, and you're right of course, better to not get my hopes up only to have them dashed :(

We bought a new (to us) car 10 days before it happened, on finance, which of course we wouldnt have done had we known what was coming. We cant hand the keys back as we will still owe them alot of money.

So fed up tonight. Still, we are both applying for every job going so fingers crossed!
  • scoobydoobydoo
    Options
    Thought I would post you an update.

Got the email yesterday to say that his money would be in the bank by friday. There has actually been an issue because of the last pre-pack take over so it was showing that they had only worked there for 3 years instead of 8 :mad:. But......they knew about it and decided to authorise the payments for the 3 years and pay the rest after Xmas, because yesterday was the cut off date and they wanted to make sure that as many people as possible got paid before Xmas! I have to say that I am very impressed and grateful to the Insolvency Service for actually showing some common sense and kindness when most government agencies tend to have a "tough, you'll just have to wait" attitude. So it wont be the whole amount, but we will be able to pay the bills for the next few months!:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure