🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Yankee Candle bargains - Please post your finds here!

Options

Comments

• Winter_Jasmine
    Options
    I found out the other day that I'd missed the Advent Houses being half priced :( I Google them every so often just in case - it came up with a link to the official site but when I clicked through it said item not available or something similar. The day after I was on the site and it came up in my recently viewed items at £12.50! Blooming sold out though :(
    "Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now"

MFW: Mortgage Cleared!!! 14 1/2 years early :D
  • CathWales
    CathWales Posts: 3,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    CathWales wrote: »
    I was just about to come on here and check the contact details you posted, but went back to the YC site first aNd noticed it is now back in stock. Annoyingly I have just received the large post and tumblers I ordered incase they never came back lol. Even with delivery it is still, cheaper than other sites I've seen it on 😄

Something weird seems to be going on with YC pricing. I found and ordered a large Ruby Fall tray to go with the collection I ordered just a few days ago. The large tray was definitely priced @£5.50 with £1.95 postage as order was under £10. I just looked at my confirmation email and account on YC and have been charged £10.99 with £3.95 p&p as order now over £10. I really wish I'd taken a screen shot. Also noticed the large Ruby Fall shade has gone up from £9.99 to £19.99!
  • TescoEmployee
    Options
    CathWales wrote: »
    Something weird seems to be going on with YC pricing. I found and ordered a large Ruby Fall tray to go with the collection I ordered just a few days ago. The large tray was definitely priced @£5.50 with £1.95 postage as order was under £10. I just looked at my confirmation email and account on YC and have been charged £10.99 with £3.95 p&p as order now over £10. I really wish I'd taken a screen shot. Also noticed the large Ruby Fall shade has gone up from £9.99 to £19.99!

They have been changing prices since yesterday - Lots of ye sale items went back to normal price and they added new items to the sale section. Maybe drop them an email as they have always been outstanding when iv gone to them with a problem - Does your confirmation e-mail state the £5.50 price?
    Stand Up For What You Believe In, Even If It Means Standing Alone
  • CathWales
    CathWales Posts: 3,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    They have been changing prices since yesterday - Lots of ye sale items went back to normal price and they added new items to the sale section. Maybe drop them an email as they have always been outstanding when iv gone to them with a problem - Does your confirmation e-mail state the £5.50 price?

I didn't check the email til a while after I made the order, but it gives the price of the large tray @£10.99 and delivery £3.95. I really wish I'd copied the confirmation page as I definitely saw it at that price for the large tray. Ahhh well, tray meant to arrive tomorrow and I will be able to display it alongside the shade and tealight holders😄
  • TescoEmployee
    Options
  • JELLYBABY_2
    Options
    Chester shop still have candles reduced to half price!

They have large Candy Cane, Christmas Garland & Icicles. Also quite a few medium jars.
    I think they also had Snow in Love pillars which I presume were also half price since they were on the same stand.
    Hope this helps someone - I'm not fussed on those fragrances so I managed to resist.
    I'm loving the Cranberry Pear at the moment :D
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was given a thingy to melt the tarts in for Christmas and its cracked, are they likely to take it back without a receipt?

It was bought from a YC shop.
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • hm71_2
    hm71_2 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hallmark in lakeside had some giftsets 20% off and some Christmas bits 50% off don't know if its store specific.

also talking to a store assistant they have now started stocking a similar candle range (looked exactly like Yankee) apparently they are Yankee candles big competition in the usa. They were quite a bit cheaper than Yankee but as I say couldn't tell them apart.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
    £2 saving club £140
  • TescoEmployee
    Options
    hm71 wrote: »
    also talking to a store assistant they have now started stocking a similar candle range (looked exactly like Yankee) apparently they are Yankee candles big competition in the usa. They were quite a bit cheaper than Yankee but as I say couldn't tell them apart.

Was it Village Candles they had started stocking? They look identical to Yankee - http://www.villagecandle.com
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport