Yankee Candle bargains - Please post your finds here!

Options

Comments

• macaud
    macaud Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    I was in Dobbies today and they had 50% off a set of three Christmas Yankee Candles ie reduced from £15 to £7.50. Sorry can't remember the fragrances but their was a green one, a white one and a red one. They were the small size jars but the set could be taken out and used as three little presents for teachers/neighbours or little extra presents. They also had 30% off some of the big yankee Candles.
    I've never tried Yankee Candles before so didn't pay much attention but HTH yankee fans.
  • angel13
    angel13 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    seem to have good prices here and have over 300 in sale but non sale they have selected large candles for £17.89 and if you buy 2 you get an additional £5 off so 2 for £30.78. Free delivery if you spend £50 and they sell all sorts of other things too and 7% cashback on quidco as well - off to have a good browse now :j

http://collectables.co.uk/candles/?xsearch_brand=89
  • angel13
    Options
    even better three of them are even cheaper than I thought so you can get two large for £22.98 (sugared apple, snow in love or apple and pine needle)
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry I'm only just posting this now but we've been without broadband since 27 December. On that day I visited Broadstone Mill in Stockport and the YC half price sale was on across all the festive lines. I got one large, 2 medium and a small jar ready for next year. Loads of gift set were left at this time but I didn't think they were great value to begin with.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    angel13 wrote: »
    even better three of them are even cheaper than I thought so you can get two large for £22.98 (sugared apple, snow in love or apple and pine needle)

I have to admit I've steered clear of these 3 as i didn't like any of them!! Naughty me though, thought I was safe today, a small independant gift shop today along Epping High street had up to half price on yankee accessories and Christmas candles - got a large Cranberry - then further along, Sue Ryder charity shop had a Yankee shade and plate set for £4 - what are the chances!!!!!!! I've fancied trying one of these but didn't want anything Christmassy as it's too restrictive.
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • Oliviab
    Oliviab Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got a YC from the Simply Home range at Tesco for £8 a few weeks back. I thought it was a good price but I don't think it smells as strong as 'normal' Yankee Candles. Are the Simply Home range less high quality?

Yeh apparently the Simply Home range is a mixture of all the left over other candles and wax but doesn't meet the high standards of Yankee Candle. They still sell it though as it makes them more affordable to some people. I haven't tried them myself but I know some people thing the smell isn't as strong.
  • angel13
    Options
    juliebunny wrote: »
    I have to admit I've steered clear of these 3 as i didn't like any of them!! Naughty me though, thought I was safe today, a small independant gift shop today along Epping High street had up to half price on yankee accessories and Christmas candles - got a large Cranberry - then further along, Sue Ryder charity shop had a Yankee shade and plate set for £4 - what are the chances!!!!!!! I've fancied trying one of these but didn't want anything Christmassy as it's too restrictive.

what a good find! I am considering making up some mini hampers for people for next Xmas so thought the candles might go nicely in them BUT I am not keen on a lot of yankee candles myself as I find them strong and overpowering initially and I get a migraine and then they smell of nothing - when I go to other peoples houses they seem to smell nice so just must be me :rotfl: I usually get oils from body shop for my burner.
  • angel13
    Options
    Just realised that the same offer (£5 off second jar) is also on the medium sized ones and some of them are also a good price initially - much cheaper than the ones in offer in dobbies when I looked today. I am thinking about treating myself to a lemon one as I am sure I like that but can someone advise what the difference is between sicilian or sparkling lemon as I cant remember which one I liked?
  • ukchriss
    ukchriss Posts: 741 Forumite
    Options
    :j

Tell your friends about Freecycle!
    Your Trash could be another persons Treasure!

:beer:
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    juliebunny wrote: »

The only one of the new fragrances that I have not had is the Snow in Love. I haven't burnt Sugared Apple yet but was not impressed really by either Cranberry Ice (didn't have any of the "frosty" smell of Cherries on Snow IYKWIM) or the Apple and Pine Needle. As soon as my sister walked in she said it smelt of curry. I have the last bits of this large candle burning in a tart warmer in my bathroom now. Wish they would bring back Jack Frost.

The tray and shade were a good find though. I have a set in my hall way with the Autumn Leaves design on and as it's sitting on a teak console table it looks good all year round.
    Oliviab wrote: »
    Yeh apparently the Simply Home range is a mixture of all the left over other candles and wax but doesn't meet the high standards of Yankee Candle. They still sell it though as it makes them more affordable to some people. I haven't tried them myself but I know some people thing the smell isn't as strong.

I tried some of these when B&Q sold them and found them really naff. I use wax tarts most of the time and the SH tarts did not "burn" for as long as original YC.
    ukchriss wrote: »

I only burn tealights at Christmas when I display a wreath on my coffee table that I has tea light holders pressed into it. I put a medium jar in the middle of it. I do burn samplers all year tending to put two on either side of the wax tart burner I have on my mantlepiece. I don't like buying YC before I've smelt them IRL though as I just wouldn't be bothered to return them to QVC if I didn't like them and be stuck with ones I don't like IYKWIM. The kit itself though is excellent value. I've worked out it should be £47.25 excluding the holders so a good saving if you use these.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport