MSE News: Anger after Asos pulls discount code early

New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: Anger after Asos pulls discount code early

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
14 replies 4K views
Former_MSE_HelenFormer_MSE_Helen
2.4K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
"Asos customers have been up in arms after a discount code, giving up to 40% off, was pulled early..."

Replies

• edited 11 December 2012 at 11:01PM
    mehermeher
    15.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 December 2012 at 11:01PM
    Customer Janine Underwood said on Facebook: "Disgusting service! I tried all day Sunday with no success and now to be told you are ending the promotion prematurely is really poor customer service. As a new customer I will not be using you again."
    thank you :wave:

People don't seem to understand that codes and promotions are always assigned or allocated for x number of goods or for £y00 and that it isn't unlimited - it is just not feasible. ASOS is right, they didn't quite anticipate this crowd. They should've just ended the stock onlin for x number of items, introduced a new offer and engaged these outraged customers instead of removing the code and panicking.
  • To be fair to ASOS, they've issued new codes for 20% off via Facebook and Twitter.
  • scholesfan88scholesfan88 Forumite
    265 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Tbh it's there code, they can pull it when they want.
  • i always demand something for nothing. if i cannot get it from a particular shop, I will boycott them, and rant about them on social networking sites. ha ha ha that's one to me!
  • melbellmelbell Forumite
    488 posts
    Half waiting for all the moaning posts on here.
  • Just like yours?
    nah like yours more like

or the ZOMG I WAS GONNA DO MA XMAS SHOPPING AT ASOS NOW DEY PULLED THE CODE LITTLE JOHNNY WONT GET DAT TOP
  • LC88LC88 Forumite
    53 posts
    I think its harsh to criticise people for being upset after ASOS went to great lengths to publicise the deal, of course people are going to get upset if they planned to buy something with 20%+ off and then found they couldn't. Most people wouldn't be aware/ don't care how the mechanics of promos work they just want money off!

Coupled with the website problems that people were encountering its hardly a surprise at the reaction.

Interesting to note that after new codes for 20% off were being posted people seemed happy again. Money saving is a fickle world....
  • Is there any codes available at the moment?
  • LC88LC88 Forumite
    53 posts
    Is there any codes available at the moment?

ASOS codes are found on the following thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3266698&page=29
  • mehermeher
    15.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LC88 wrote: »
    Most people wouldn't be aware/ don't care how the mechanics of promos work they just want money off!
    may be people should make themselves aware and need to care how codes and promotional offers work so that they don't miss out or get frustrated when they miss out

It is always a good idea to limit it to certain number of stock and then the stock should show as not available when the use of code has reached its limit; alternatively set the code in such a way that it can be used only x000 number of times and then it should show that it is has reached its limit.

The whole point of promotions is to increase traffic to their site and for these codes to do the advertising part. When they have a code, the site would be advertised for free across money saving sites as these and also they clear of some of their stock. Clever move. The more we are aware of all these and actually care about it, we will also know how to take advantage of these offers whilst it is live instead of being outraged when it is vanished.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support