Asda Money Credit Card

Options
Have you been declined for Asda MoneyCredit Card?

I did and I never heard of Sygma Bank or Creation the company which issue credit cards for Asda Money.

I already have Asda Credit Card (issued by Santander Bank) and this is coming to a end and Asda informed me that they have switched their association to Sygma Bank UK or Creation.

So I have applied for new card and was declined because I was too clean. (My credit rating are excellent)
I have checked with Equifax on my credit rating & there is nothing wrong with it. I wrote to them asking them to reconsider their decision and they replied that they are unable to confirm my residency at my current address! (I have lived in my house for 16 years!)
I then sent proofs of utility bills to verify my residency.
Still they won't reverse their decision!...

I had a look at online forums and discover that it look like that Sygma Bank are offering cards to some sub primers which have medium or poorer credit ratings.

My view is that there is no prospects of them getting any interest & fees out of me as I alway paid off balances every month. I think this could be the reason of me declined a account with them...

I feel that Sygma Bank do discriminate people who is sweaky clean! (that my impression!!)

How about you all ??? have you been declined by them ??

Comments

• bengalknights
    Options
    Its upto a bank whether you meet there criteria in this case you should just get a different card
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    Why did you have to apply for a new card ? Usually when a retailer changes providers, the only change you notice is maybe a diffrent number to call.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • jpwjpw
    jpwjpw Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a Creation card. Their application process is terrible though, they lost my first application and it took over 2 months to process my second one. I really think that they don't know what they are doing in the first instance. Ever since, i've had no problems.
  • BugsyBrowne
    Options
    Have you been declined for Asda MoneyCredit Card?

I did and I never heard of Sygma Bank or Creation the company which issue credit cards for Asda Money.

I already have Asda Credit Card (issued by Santander Bank) and this is coming to a end and Asda informed me that they have switched their association to Sygma Bank UK or Creation.

So I have applied for new card and was declined because I was too clean. (My credit rating are excellent)
    I have checked with Equifax on my credit rating & there is nothing wrong with it. I wrote to them asking them to reconsider their decision and they replied that they are unable to confirm my residency at my current address! (I have lived in my house for 16 years!)
    I then sent proofs of utility bills to verify my residency.
    Still they won't reverse their decision!...

I had a look at online forums and discover that it look like that Sygma Bank are offering cards to some sub primers which have medium or poorer credit ratings.

My view is that there is no prospects of them getting any interest & fees out of me as I alway paid off balances every month. I think this could be the reason of me declined a account with them...

I feel that Sygma Bank do discriminate people who is sweaky clean! (that my impression!!)

How about you all ??? have you been declined by them ??

I love it when people try and make themselves feel better after being rejected by saying the CC won't make any money out of them as they pay no interest.

You didn't pass their credit scoring and that's it now move on.
  • dalesrider wrote: »
    Why did you have to apply for a new card ? Usually when a retailer changes providers, the only change you notice is maybe a diffrent number to call.

Good point, Asda has sent me a letter saying that they have changed providers & my existing card account is to close and won't transfer me to the new provider, so they have advised me to apply again....
  • I love it when people try and make themselves feel better after being rejected by saying the CC won't make any money out of them as they pay no interest.

You didn't pass their credit scoring and that's it now move on.

Yes, I did..
  • TakingControl
    Options
    I got the new Asda Credit Card and I pay my balance off in full each month so I don't think your theory is true?

Have you checked with all 3CRA's as not everyone uses Equifax :)
    LBM 11/2009 Total Debts 11/2009 £44624 with DFD 2015 :(
    Debt Free Date: 14/11/2012 :j:j:j
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    Good point, Asda has sent me a letter saying that they have changed providers & my existing card account is to close and won't transfer me to the new provider, so they have advised me to apply again....

Go back to Asda and ask why?

Might even raise it as a complaint. As they had taken you on in the 1st place. Just because they are transfering to a new provider is not a reason on its own to close your account.
    Has to be more than you are saying.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    dalesrider wrote: »
    Go back to Asda and ask why?

Might even raise it as a complaint. As they had taken you on in the 1st place. Just because they are transfering to a new provider is not a reason on its own to close your account.
    Has to be more than you are saying.

Yes it is... They've changed provider and now ALL the old accounts are being shut.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    My mother had the old Asda Reward card and it worked fine for her for many years and saved her a few pennies.

When they announced they were closing it she applied for the new card.

She was refused. Reason given: "there does not appear to be enough information recorded to allow us to make an informed decision as to how you would operate a credit facility"

Yet the previous operator has a history of her paying it in full every month for 6 years.

She is in her mid 80's and has no debt. They suggested that she work on improving her credit rating!

Surely they should have approved all existing customers for the new card? Seems to me that no-one over the age of 70 has any chance of getting one of these cards since many will have little or no credit history.

She made a complaint several months ago to Asda money credit cards customer enquiries but never received any reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure