Blinded by the light(bulb)any Advice please

Options
Thats it, i am done, Blind-as-a-Bat has left the forum, for good this time, there is no way I can recover this account, as the password was random, and not recorded, and the email used no longer exits, nor can be recovered to recover the account, goodbye all …………. :(

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi

That's not too long a post - I've seen longer!

You are under no obligation to inform your creditors of your intentions - they probably wouldn't believe you anyway.

If ignoring the calls is a coping mechanism that works for you - fine. Other options are BT's choose to refuse, anonymous call barring if 1471 doesn't reveal their number, or just change your number.

Keep the questions coming - you say you're confused that only you need to go bankrupt. Is that because you have joint debts?
  • allofadither
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply fatbelly ive already got caller id and their number shows but having gone through a hard time with creditors some 18 years ago through stupidity I found out then that communication usually gets you nowhere I dug my way out of that the hard way and paid every penny back cant believe ive let it happen again :eek: but that’s another very very long post.
    As for the debts we each have our own except one overdraft as I have largest share in my name it would put us in a good enough position to cope with just me going bankrupt its how to fill out the soa that’s confusing me as my only true income is my incapacity benefit the rest (child benefit tax credits etc) is I believe classed as joint except my wife’s wage disability allowance which obviously his in her name the cccs suggested putting all but my wife’s wage on my soa but how can I quote an income that isn’t mine? :confused: thanks again for the reply

Hi there,

I had a similar dilema...only I went BR, not hubby. My only income was child benefit, but I put the CTC & WTC as hubby's contribution to the household expenses, as well as a part of his wages. I have to confess I did wrestle as to exactly what amount of his wages to include since in reality he was reallly paying all our bills. In the end I settled on a figure that covered everything except the payments to my creditors. I haven't had my OR interview yet so I can't say if the OR is happy with the figures.
  • allofadither
    Options
    hi allofadither thanks for the reply your situation sounds very similar to ours only other way round im the hubby and my wifes been keeping me:o . Hope all goes well at your OR interview have you got a date for it yet? I must admit it’s the bit I was dreading most but most on hear seem to have gone on ok with theirs which has put my mind at ease a bit on that worry at least

Thanks. OR telephone interview next week...not looking forward to it, in fact I'm dreading it. I worry terribly about all this, and will be glad when it's all over.

Gud luk to you too.
  • silkglade
    silkglade Posts: 559 Forumite
    Options
    im the hubby and my wifes been keeping me:o . I must admit it’s the bit I was dreading most but most on hear seem to have gone on ok with theirs which has put my mind at ease a bit on that worry at least

Hi Blind, to be honest I think the hardest part about going bankrupt is actually making the decision. You can go to CAB to help you with the SOE if that makes you feel more at ease.

They can type it all up for you and then all you have to do is copy it down. Don't forget they have money and debt advisors who will deal with it all the time and can help in what to put down and how much.

For us the interview was fine and nothing to worry about, just remember to take all the paperwork you can find from your creditors.

Keep us updated as to how you get on.

We got through it 9 years ago now, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Once you have gone bankrupt answer the phone from your creditors and tell them you are bankrupt and to direct all future corrispondence to your Official Reciever. (it's the best feeling ever, trust me)
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Blind-as,

Please do NOT inform any of your creditors of your intended bankruptcy until you have actually filed - many will try everything to convince you that more 'debt' will solve your problems.
    Also, once you have made the decision, stop paying anything to creditors, other than the basics like council tax and utilities.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • silkglade
    silkglade Posts: 559 Forumite
    Options
    When we were going bankrupt we did not know where we were going to get the money from for the court costs.

CAB advised us not to pay the creditors the month we went bankrupt. That was where we got the money from. What can they do about it!!!! phone up and threaten you?

Just make sure you don't tell them before you do it.

Pay all monthly outgoings as Rog2 has already stated, sorry to copy you Rog2
  • lisndai
    lisndai Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Blind and everyone ,

I would definately phone CAB they were brilliant with me as i didn't know where to start , they filled all my forms in for me , they may have a way or know of a way that someone can come to you if you explain your circumstances, again like the others say nothing then when you have been declared answer the phone and tell them they will be hearing from the OR shortly , also my telephone interview in sept 05 was about 10 mins and it was more reassurance than anything .....so nothing to worry about but i would say get it sorted sooner rather than later its such a weight lifted then you and OH can move on .
    bitter...lol
  • afrosteve
    afrosteve Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Blind as a Bat

You know I had the same thing, phone calls, letters etc.

Have you tried to cmoe to an arrangment with any of your creditors in the past? I sent all my creditors a letter stating that i had contacted them and tried to come to a reasonable agreement and as they were unable to agree to my offer i had no other option but seek proffessional advice to explore my options. I received a call from each creditor after but i told them the same thing. calls slowed down (they didn't stop) but it gave me some breathing space. I think the thing to remember is just to repeat the same thing each time they contact you:-

"I've already told you, I have tried to come to some arrangement and you have been uncooperative. I am now seeking proffessional advice regarding my options and will contact you as soon as i have another offer. Thanks you".

And don't accept any offer they make to you!!!!!
    254 of 2007!!

(26/4/07 - 10.20 a.m.)
  • Bakeybadoo
    Bakeybadoo Posts: 810 Forumite
    Options
    Just saying, you do know you can get and fill in the forms online don't you?

You can go back to it again and again which makes it easy to correct any mistakes.

Good luck, once you've made the decision, it's half the battle won!
    :: BCSC #71 but now discharged! ::
  • Bakeybadoo
    Bakeybadoo Posts: 810 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl:

It doesn't but I admit to getting the dictonary out at certain points!
    :: BCSC #71 but now discharged! ::
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport