Options
13»

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    and just to reiterate
    I in no way see staff voting for this (very few even know about this yet)
    More like a political sabre rattle from the CWU, towards the government than at RM
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    thats because you didnt opt out of it

http://www.royalmail.com/you-home/controlling-your-mail

Thanks for that custardy. I didn't know I could opt out.

It still won't stop junk addressed to 'The Householder', 'The Resident', The Occupier', (BT & Talktalk today, Virgin tomorrow I shouldn't wonder) etc but it should cut down about 80% of the junk the postie puts through my door.

They don't make it easy do they. You have to write to them to get a form to send back to them. Sounds like a job creation scheme! Why can't they just host a copy of the form on their website? However after after 6 weeks it should have stopped... at least for a couple of years when I'll have to go through the whole rigmarole again.

Oh well, no time like the present... :)
  • custardy
    Options
    Wywth wrote: »
    Thanks for that custardy. I didn't know I could opt out.

It still won't stop junk addressed to 'The Householder', 'The Resident', The Occupier', (BT & Talktalk today, Virgin tomorrow I shouldn't wonder) etc but it should cut down about 80% of the junk the postie puts through my door.

They don't make it easy do they. You have to write to them to get a form to send back to them. Sounds like a job creation scheme! Why can't they just host a copy of the form on their website? However after after 6 weeks it should have stopped... at least for a couple of years when I'll have to go through the whole rigmarole again.

Oh well, no time like the present... :)

hosting it on the site wouldnt tie it to the address
    anyway,why would RM want to make it easy to cut down on a growth market for them?
  • Wywth
    Options
    Pincher wrote: »
    I applied for a Barclaycard with Hilton points recently, and they want printed statements, but not online statements I print myself.

This is why, wherever possible, I do not switch to online statements.

Who has had to fork out for the "most recent three months" at £5 per statement?

I got myself an Aqua Reward credit card a few months back, the one with no annual fee and 3% cashback :beer:

I didn't need to send any statements of any kind.
  • Wywth
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    hosting it on the site wouldnt tie it to the address
    Obviously I've not seen the form yet, but I strongly suspect the first thing it asks is my name & address; most forms seem to. :)
  • custardy
    Options
    Wywth wrote: »
    Obviously I've not seen the form yet, but I strongly suspect the first thing it asks is my name & address; most forms seem to. :)

yes,but you could be filling it in for anyone
    having it tied to a delivered address means it should relate to that address
    dont forget the leaflet market isnt exclusive to RM
    they will try their best to defend their share
  • quidjibo
    Options
    Pincher wrote: »
    I applied for a Barclaycard with Hilton points recently, and they want printed statements, but not online statements I print myself.

This is why, wherever possible, I do not switch to online statements.

Who has had to fork out for the "most recent three months" at £5 per statement?

You could have went to the post office with your printouts to get them to verified and stamped
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure