Casual work

Just had word that my work (2nd job) are 'rebranding' and we are invited to a meeting in Jan. Not really sure what this will mean but I suspect we'll all be made redundant and be given the oppertunity to apply for new posts? I just wondered if anyone has worked for a company that has rebranded itself and what happened? As I work on a casual basis I would assume I will not be entitalled to any payment? Just thought someone may know more about this?

Comments

• Just had word that my work (2nd job) are 'rebranding' and we are invited to a meeting in Jan. Not really sure what this will mean but I suspect we'll all be made redundant and be given the oppertunity to apply for new posts? I just wondered if anyone has worked for a company that has rebranded itself and what happened? As I work on a casual basis I would assume I will not be entitalled to any payment? Just thought someone may know more about this?

The company has decided to rebrand. That doesn't mean the jobs are changing. It's about how it presents itself to the outside world. The January meeting will be one to explain what this means in their case. It doesn't mean that you will be redundant. (Unless, I suppose, you are 6' 7" tall and have a casual job as a mascot and the rebranded mascot needs to be 3' tall to fit the new outfit.:) )
  • :-) Thanks...its more the fact I've had the feeling for the last year I cost too much to keep...travel & training vs work carried out. I hope not but get the feeling this may be an excuse to get rid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure