so........ the advents

Options

Comments

• pootler
    pootler Posts: 204 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've only been comping since August. I started bookmarking advents yesterday, thinking, 'Yes, this is doable. I can manage this on top of all my other comps without feeling addicted at all...'.

Then I woke up this morning and logged onto MSE.:eek:

I am very very afraid that my son is going to find me in a corner at some point muttering "can't sleep. have to to advents. and dailies."

I am uber organised though. :D I have about 100 bookmarked so far but hopefully will delete at least 25% of these if I decide they aren't worth it. They're in 4 folders, and I hope it stays at that:
    1. twitter
    2. facebook
    3. own website
    4. MSE - these are the ones that have a daily question, so I've saved the MSE thread.
  • tinktinktinkerbell
    Options
    i have 35 in there

is it me or does there not look like many advents this year :eek: or is it just because ive done them before lol

oh how i hate myself for saying this :rotfl:

104 in said folder now :eek: and thats me being picky :rotfl:
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    oh how i hate myself for saying this :rotfl:

104 in said folder now :eek: and thats me being picky :rotfl:

I agree - last year was my first year and I enjoyed them more - this year I feel more stressed and it is just day 1! I have already unsubscribed from many of the ones I thought would interest me simply because I am not going to have the time to enter them all :eek: Lots of them don't seem to allow Roboform to fill so I am spending more time form filling manually! Wine this evening I think! I've done no housework today - just advents! :eek:
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I decided to bookmark the ones I want to enter and have 164 in a folder! :eek:

More keep getting added when I browse the newest threads too!

Mayhem!
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • tinktinktinkerbell
    Options
    BlueBella wrote: »
    I agree - last year was my first year and I enjoyed them more - this year I feel more stressed and it is just day 1! I have already unsubscribed from many of the ones I thought would interest me simply because I am not going to have the time to enter them all :eek: Lots of them don't seem to allow Roboform to fill so I am spending more time form filling manually! Wine this evening I think! I've done no housework today - just advents! :eek:

youve earned the wine

normally saturdays are so quiet i enter between 20-50 comps, today has felt like a week day........ im dreading the week days :eek:
    I decided to bookmark the ones I want to enter and have 164 in a folder! :eek:

More keep getting added when I browse the newest threads too!

Mayhem!

i can feel a group MSE comping forum holiday coming on after christmas :rotfl:
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    yes - I usually enjoy the weekends as much quieter on here. Every time I check MSE, there are more advents posted! Hopefully in a week or so, they'll slow down! I have such a busy month ahead too so it is trying to find the right balance!? I've got my little wine bottle though and trying to relax!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • tinktinktinkerbell
    Options
    just make sure you have a steady supply of wine and you will be ok

im lucky because ive got all my christmas shopping done and the tree is up already, all i need to do is wrap up on christmas eve and do cards

oh but im going to my mates on the 15th, i wonder if i could take my laptop haha
  • nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A little disappointed some of the good ones from last year are not running (or at least they aren't yet...) :( Original Source for one! :(x

Ive got it all separated out - FB, Web, twitter. Dont have that many tbh :(
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    No Original Source, no Lucet Mundi - lots of MSE-ers won from there (me included, rather randomly as I barely entered any Advents) - no Batiste?
  • Purple_Skull
    Options
    Up to 90 advents now, yikes! I was disappointed at first because most of them weren't ones I wanted to enter but plenty look good to me now I've finished going through the list :)

May you all have lots of luck, Emma xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport