Asda Southampton

Options
A recurring problem at Asda Southampton. Their special offer prices shown on the shelf are often not matched at the checkouts. This week three Mars bars for £1, at the checkout full price 49p each. Last week a tin of biscuits £7 shelf price but £10 at the check out and this sort of thing has happened many times this year.

Not a huge rip off obviously and I now always check my receipt at the shop, but the majority don't and just think they are getting a bargain. I've no idea if this a general problem across supermarkets but if you shop at Asda Southampton always check your receipt.
It's someone else's fault.

Comments

• preable
    preable Posts: 2,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Happens in tesco all the time in doncaster! It really annoys me but they sort it out asap :) Happend in hmv i got 2 dvds for 10.00 and when at the check out they tried charging me 24.00 LOL
  • dodger1
    dodger1 Posts: 4,579 Forumite
    Options
    Asda sort it out quickly enough depending on the queue for customer services, but as you say it's flippin annoying.
    It's someone else's fault.
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    dodger1 wrote: »
    A recurring problem at Asda Southampton. Their special offer prices shown on the shelf are often not matched at the checkouts. This week three Mars bars for £1, at the checkout full price 49p each. Last week a tin of biscuits £7 shelf price but £10 at the check out and this sort of thing has happened many times this year.

Not a huge rip off obviously and I now always check my receipt at the shop, but the majority don't and just think they are getting a bargain. I've no idea if this a general problem across supermarkets but if you shop at Asda Southampton always check your receipt.
    I wish I lived in Southampton, Asda would be paying me to shop there!

Remember, not only will you get refunded any overcharge, but you should also get a £2 gift voucher for each time you report a problem.

Think of it as a public duty ... as the staff should remove the incorrect signs as soon as you report them.

Sadly, wrong prices are as rare as hens teeth in my local Asda now ... perhaps as a result of all the support I have given them in the past? :rotfl::beer:
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    preable wrote: »
    Happens in tesco all the time in doncaster! It really annoys me but they sort it out asap :) Happend in hmv i got 2 dvds for 10.00 and when at the check out they tried charging me 24.00 LOL

Not sure how your HMV works, but in ours each item is price marked individually. The price you are charged is the price on the item.

It can well be that similar items have totally different prices on them, but that's up to you to find the cheapest one in the store, otherwise be prepared to pay the price the item is marked as.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our locaal Tesco (now closed) used to be awful for this. Now with a new extra store (and new management) it's never happened since.
  • preable
    preable Posts: 2,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Wywth wrote: »
    Not sure how your HMV works, but in ours each item is price marked individually. The price you are charged is the price on the item.

It can well be that similar items have totally different prices on them, but that's up to you to find the cheapest one in the store, otherwise be prepared to pay the price the item is marked as.

The dvds were marked with stickers saying 2 for £10.00 but when i went to the till they got it wrong and took 5mins to sort out but i got them both for £10 and a £5 voucher for next time as a sorry, So i was pretty happy.
  • miss_scrooge
    Options
    dodger1 wrote: »

I usually get overcharged in asda they have been doing it for years I don't go to any asda hardly ever now usually only go when I'm ill and not thinking straight or when I have a coupon.Few months ago I bought 3 choc bars and they over charged then same offer you had they called someone else out to go look I always add up how much I spend at asda then notice straight away at till and I always check receipt.
  • miss_scrooge
    Options
    Wywth wrote: »
    I wish I lived in Southampton, Asda would be paying me to shop there!

Remember, not only will you get refunded any overcharge, but you should also get a £2 gift voucher for each time you report a problem.

Think of it as a public duty ... as the staff should remove the incorrect signs as soon as you report them.

Sadly, wrong prices are as rare as hens teeth in my local Asda now ... perhaps as a result of all the support I have given them in the past? :rotfl::beer:
    I thought only tesco will give you money back if overcharged.
  • PlutoinCapricorn
    Options
    This is one of the reasons I avoid the biggest supermarkets: it has happened to me a few times in all of them. It may be carelessness or lack of time and information, but it could be that they hope people won't realise.
    Who having known the diamond will concern himself with glass?

Rudyard Kipling

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport