ARGH been scammed, bought fakes what do i do?

Options
Hi there, i posted a few days ago (cant find thread now) but basically i bought some fake ugg boots. Could honestly cry.

Seller didnt actually say `genuine` in his description, but i was lead to believe they were. I have emailed seller to say how disapointed i am and i want to return with full refund of original postage and my return postage.

Gutted :mad:

Do I open an item not as decribed or just wait to see if he refunds, if i send them back how do i know he will refund. What if i send back recorded delivery but he claims he never received them. Just want to cry:(
2013 Sealed Pot Challenge Member #1960
Will update total each month!!

Comments

• melliott1963
    Options
    I think that, if you raise a claim through eBay, then the onus is on the seller to prove they are fake, whereas with a Paypal claim, you have to prove it (I'm sure someone else can confirm this).

Alternatively, raise a SNAD claim through Paypal and send them back special delivery (recorded doesn't always fully track). As soon as delivery has been attempted (it doesn't have to be actually delivered), put your tracking number into the dispute and Paypal will refund you.
  • blue_savannah
    Options
    If you do return them, make sure you use Special Delivery as Recorded Delivery doesn't always track. Anything over £46 needs to be sent Special Delivery anyways.

All you would need for a refund is to show that delivery was attempted, which Special will show.
  • rchlbentley
    Options
    Ok, seller has got in touch, he is offering a full refund plus return postage - do I just send back using special delivery or do i open a snad. What if I send back and he does not refund??
  • macfly
    macfly Posts: 2,728 Forumite
    Options
    Just send them. You can raise a case after if they prove awkward.
  • rchlbentley
    Options
    macfly wrote: »
    Just send them. You can raise a case after if they prove awkward.

BUT he has obviously scammed me once how do i know he will not try a fast one again by saying he hasn`t received them to avoid refunding. :( Ive openned a dispute anyway.
    he has replied by telling me to just return them, but he hasn`t replied through the dispute.
  • No_Eye_Deer
    Options
    BUT he has obviously scammed me once how do i know he will not try a fast one again by saying he hasn`t received them to avoid refunding.

You would have tracking to prove you had returned them though - If you send them back tracked.
  • freddysmith
    freddysmith Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 November 2012 at 6:06PM
    Options
    You have to send it back via an approved tracked/signed for service so that Ebay/Paypal can see a delivery or attempted delivery has taken place to give yourself full protection against them claiming non-delivery.
    Ebay should give you guidance on when to return the item.
    Did you mention it was Fake in your dispute?
  • hiccup123
    Options
    Hi there, i posted a few days ago (cant find thread now) but basically i bought some fake ugg boots. Could honestly cry.

Seller didnt actually say `genuine` in his description, but i was lead to believe they were. I have emailed seller to say how disapointed i am and i want to return with full refund of original postage and my return postage.

/QUOTE]

if he listed them as Uggs he doesn't need to mention them being genuine, they would need to be the real Uggs. Can't sell fakes on ebay. If he said boots like uggs then that's different. How did he word it
  • rchlbentley
    Options
    Listed as Uggs brand new in the box.
    I`ve openned a dispute and seller has accepted full refund + postage - not before trying to get me to close the case though.
    I will be sending special delivery (at my own cost)
    Hopefully this will be the end.
    Thank you all for your help
  • PoorCharleyBear
    Options
    Ugg is not a brand name ' Ugg Australia' is.

Ugg means a sheepskin boot....used in Aus in the same way we call boots 'wellingtons' whether they are rubber or not.

So they may be Uggs but not the Decker brand (American )
    you were expecting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport