Eon problems-

hollydays
hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
I recently took up with Eon again.
Here are some of the problems I have had

Gave new meter readings as bill was estimated and turned out to be 30% too much.Was told to not pay until I got revised bill
then
Collections department ringing me saying I owe money!

Payed bill in full by their automated system.

Same day gave more meter readings directly to adviser,suddenly his "computer crashed" (Eon speak for "red lights are flashing-this customer owes money").
He rang me back after 20 mins,sheepishly "oh youv'e just payed your bill this morning havent you!"
I then overpayed the bill by £40 to cover a holiday absence.

Collections department ring me-you owe money.
Me -"No."
Collections "It's not updated on the system yet "
Me " Yes it has,your adviser knew this this morning"

Later that day i ring to register a complaint,get through via inputting my account number to...
COLLECTIONS
Me " I would like Customer Services"
Collections "I can see you owe us £98."
Me " Customer services please"
Perturbed Collections person " Is it something I can help with?"
Me "When I have spoken to customer services,please feel free to persue me for any money you think I owe
you".

transfers me
"Hello,Billing,can I help?"
Me "your just the collections department ,aren't you?"
Adviser "We are billing and general enquiries"
Adviser and i talk-he goes on to say he was just about to tell me that I owed money-then he spotted the payment.

This was just a small part of me and eon yesterday. :)

Comments

• hollydays
    EON PART II
    Received a text to my phone but addressed to my last but one tenant of this property.
    Text said it was from Eon,they wanted to update my meter.I replied to the text giving suitable dates-heard nothing back,although it said i would be notified.
    Heard nothing,ran Eon,they said it was the 2nd November
    On 1st November I was unwell and rang eon to cancel the appointment the next day.
    Eon-" There is no appointment on the system,anyway Eon doesnt do this,it is another company"
    2nd November .An Eon engineer knocks at my door to change my meter.....:mad:
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hi hollydays,

It sounds like you've had a pretty poor experience with us so far and I'm sorry about that.

You did the right thing in providing your meter readings when you received an estimated bill, but the revised bill should have been produced straight away.

The only reason I can think that you would get follow up is because there was a bit of time between the estimated bill and then you giving readings, but I'm only speculating here.

Everyone looking at your account should have been able to see your payment, so I'm unsure as to why this dragged on so much.

It really shouldn't be this hard, so I do apologise :o.

The issue with the meter exchange sounds like it was arranged by the meter operator and our adviser should have rang them for you, the appointment wouldn't have shown on our system as I think it is a stat change, but they should have sorted it out.

Has the meter change now gone ahead?

If you need me to have a look at your account, please just let me know.

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • hollydays
    edited 4 December 2012 at 5:24PM
    Thanks,The meter change went ahead I asked him (Well, why wouldn't I! If i needed to ring in the new meter readings,he said,no,he would....).Today i rang in (17 minute call..!l) to give my current meter readings, as i am going away,and was told:

EON PART III
    The meter readings given by the meter changer are different to yours by 3 units,can you call back tommorrow......
    I have requested they call ME back..
    Give me strength..:(
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Morning hollydays,

The engineer would have taken reads when the meter was installed and sent them to us electronically. This can take a while to update.[FONT=&quot]

It sounds like you have then called us to give some up to date readings, these will be higher than the installed read because some energy will have been used.

I have no idea why you were asked to call back the next day, we should have just noted the readings on the account.

Were you trying to give another set of reads from the same day?

I will be happy to look at your account for you, as you don't appear to be having much luck when you ring.

You can email your details to the address in my profile page.

Helena :)[/FONT]
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • hollydays wrote: »
    Today i rang in (17 minute call..!l) to give my current meter readings
    ? why don't you submit your meter readings online ... I do this at start of every month and takes a couple of minutes at most + you get an immediate response on how much you are in credit/debit after this reading. I then also check energy tracker to see if there's any unusual change in usage etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure