Ebay seller away AGAIN..what can I do?

Options
I placed on order on ebay on Monday for scotia (laminate floor trim) and underlay.I chose the seller due to their 'express delivery'(next day) along with price.

When I ordered ebay stated the seller was away until 27th November (yesterday) and this was fine with me,as the items were still due to be here this week via express delivery.

Now the problem...

Just logged into ebay to see if there is a tracking number or anything and discover that the seller is now away until 4th December!! My items have not been dispatched and when I messaged to find out what was going on it stated not to expect a response until after that date.

Thing is,I cannot wait until some time next week to have this delivered.I need it by Saturday at the very latest.

So,is there anything I can do? I can't wait that long for it and I'm not happy about somebody sitting on my money and taking more 'time off' rather than dispatching my goods.

I also don't want to have to pay out yet again and then wait for a refund.I've got too much to pay out as it is with having my new house done up.

Is there any way to get my money refunded now?
If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?

Comments

• Crowqueen
    Crowqueen Posts: 5,726 Forumite
    Options
    Yes - raise a dispute through Paypal or eBay.

Paypal will allow you to raise a dispute before the estimated delivery date has passed. Assuming you have not been able to contact the seller about this then go ahead.

Unfortunately you may not get your money back by Saturday. It takes a full week before you are able to escalate any dispute, so be prepared to have to purchase something else in the meantime without having had a refund.
    "Well, it's election year, Bill, we'd rather people didn't exercise common sense..." - Jed Bartlet, The West Wing, season 4

Am now Crowqueen, MRes (Law) - on to the PhD!
  • shegirl
    shegirl Posts: 10,107 Forumite
    Options
    :( I'm so annoyed right now! Just checked my email and the one I got when I paid for the items had a message saying the items would be with me within 2 days and a further email would be sent upon processing and dispatch with tracking details.. nice of them to be 'away' again! LOL

Will cost a lot more to get it elsewhere,nevermind transport..not sure how I'll get it now.Nobody else online can get it here by Saturday now

:mad:
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
  • Crowqueen
    Crowqueen Posts: 5,726 Forumite
    Options
    Possibly, given the chaos caused by the floods, there is a reasonable explanation - 'holiday' settings can be used for all sorts of issues. I once put mine on when a bout of flu caused me to be unable to get things out.

However, that in no way impacts on your entitlement to your refund. Instead of ignoring their customers the seller should be communicating or shutting down their business in its entirety while they are unable to dispatch. If they are able to set an out-of-office reply and put a holiday note on their listings, they are able to yank them all while the problem or absence is being sorted out.
    "Well, it's election year, Bill, we'd rather people didn't exercise common sense..." - Jed Bartlet, The West Wing, season 4

Am now Crowqueen, MRes (Law) - on to the PhD!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure