Paypal Hold / Limited Account

Options
Hi

I set up a new paypal and ebay accounts to sell a few things. Done all the paypal process linking account etc.

I fully understand that paypal hold the funds till positive feedback is received for new accounts.

The first items are now being delivered and the first feedback received. The funds were released and then paypal at once limited the account and are now demanding copies of documents to prove address. Which i have had supplied to them.

I find this quite strange, someone has my item, they have acknowledged the item has been received and paypal have my money.

My question is this normal and how long from submission of the documents requested (i've done it online) will the limit be lifted.

Cheers for any help in advance.

Comments

• techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    Your lucky they didn't throw you off for looking et em funny.:D

I had to send mine 6 times before they finally lifted mine. That was 10 years ago - so they may be better at it now.

Once you are up and running - dont leave money in paypal. They are a very dodgey company - who should be investigated IMHO.
  • No_Eye_Deer
    Options
    It is a question that comes up on the forums from time to time. Its normal as in it does happen, however it doesn't happen to everyone (if you see what I mean).

What triggers it? Not sure. One theory is logging into your account from different computers/locations, work and home for example.

Just upload what they have asked for and it usually gets sorted.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,264 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The did it to me about 18 months or so ago- completely out of the blue i had to 'prove' who I was.

It took about 6 days (I think) I get muddled between that and the verification I had to do *again* . I had to supply passport details and a bank statement showing my name and address. To this day I have no idea why.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • baggers02
    Options
    Update:

Account restored lunchtime have transferred money to bank account but this is now pending final release and processing.

It just seems hurdle after hurdle - not impressed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure