Peer-to-peer lending sites: MSE guide discussion

Options

Comments

• fun4everyone
    Options
    Landbay have launched their p2p ISA. Rates there however are pretty poor. Minimum investment £5000, Maximum £15,240 (Isa Limit)

Link to their FAQ on it
    https://landbayhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/201806609-Innovative-Finance-ISA-IFISA-?
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Worth noting that someone elsewhere mentioned it being at least two months since any of their money had been lent at Landbay from their own non-ISA account. With no interest paid until money has been lent the lost interest could be signuficant.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,372 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 February 2017 at 8:25PM
    Options
    Also worth noting that it isn't a flexible ISA and they have a £50 transfer out fee.

Turns out it is a flexible ISA, so there is an option to pull out the money while there is nothing in which to invest.
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, complete newbie here looking into this as got an inheritance which i need to live off for next few years but also want to invest £5k.

Thinking rate setter 1 year as a first step with the bonus?
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • Rheumatoid
    Options
    lilmissmup wrote: »
    Hi, complete newbie here looking into this as got an inheritance which i need to live off for next few years but also want to invest £5k.

Thinking rate setter 1 year as a first step with the bonus?

I've just opened 3 with £1k each. Went smoothly. Should return £520 after 1 year (with bonus, referrals and interest). Ok so there is a risk but I think that return is worth it. Might be more concerned if it was a major part of my portfolio though.
    16 Panel (250W JASolar) 4kWp, facing 170 degrees, 40 degree slope, Solis Inverter. Installed 29/9/2015 - £4700 (Norfolk Solar Together Scheme); 9.6kWh US2000C Pylontech batteries + Solis Inverter installed 12/4/2022 Year target (PVGIS-CMSAF) = 3880kWh - Installer estimate 3452 kWh:Average over 6 years = 4400 :j
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, might as well take that from them. :)

I like Ablrate and MoneyThing for newcomers. Both friendly and helpful with easy enough fee free selling if you want to exit early and rates around 12% before allowing a couple of percent for possible bad debt.

Faster to get invested at Ablrate via their secondary market, faster to sell tens of thousands at MoneyThing, a few minutes likely during the day and evening. Subject to change of course, but it doesn't seem likely to for a while.
  • nushnush
    Options
    Rheumatoid wrote: »
    I've just opened 3 with £1k each. Went smoothly. Should return £520 after 1 year (with bonus, referrals and interest). Ok so there is a risk but I think that return is worth it. Might be more concerned if it was a major part of my portfolio though.

how do you open 3 accounts with them, i have 2 but one of those is for my other half.
    thanks
  • Rheumatoid
    Options
    nushnush wrote: »
    how do you open 3 accounts with them, i have 2 but one of those is for my other half.
    thanks

As well as 'er indoors I have a son with a bank account and no money living with me :D
    16 Panel (250W JASolar) 4kWp, facing 170 degrees, 40 degree slope, Solis Inverter. Installed 29/9/2015 - £4700 (Norfolk Solar Together Scheme); 9.6kWh US2000C Pylontech batteries + Solis Inverter installed 12/4/2022 Year target (PVGIS-CMSAF) = 3880kWh - Installer estimate 3452 kWh:Average over 6 years = 4400 :j
  • nushnush
    Options
    As well as 'er indoors I have a son with a bank account and no money living with me :D

OMG you can keep the extra account then lol, i am happy to do without.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,372 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Strictly if you've been paid money into an account that he legally owns, he does have some money.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback