We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Peer-to-peer lending sites: MSE guide discussion

Options
1303304305306307309»

Comments

• Nardge
    Nardge Posts: 255 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 May at 2:43PM
    Options

Good morning Forumites!

Seems like this thread has been dormant for years!

Just checking in to see who's still here, and who remains in PeerToPeer lending?

As for me, I've for a number of years been with:
    •  CapitalRise
    •  CrowdProperty
    •  Loanpad
    •  Kuflink
    •  Proplend
    As I've new capital to invest, I'm looking to diversify my portfolio further.
    Ideally this'll be with non property-oriented firms. I'm currently aware of:
    • Lendwise
    • Unbolted
    • Lande
    • Assetz Exchange
    I'll read '4th Way' to learn more on these.
    I'll also be seeing which other non property-oriented firms receive favourable reviews there. 

With Kind Regards 

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,654 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 May at 10:54AM
    Options
    I have dipped in and out of a few of the platforms you mentioned to make use of bad debt relief, as I am still awaiting final outcomes from legacy failed platforms. I'm still awaiting an answer from the FCA Complaints Scheme to my complaint about their negligence in regulating the sector in those years. I'm still awaiting the final outcome of various borrower litigation that is tying up some of my funds. The past decade has certainly been a learning experience!
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 22 May at 11:05AM
    Options
    Of the four platforms I invested in, only one is still active. 
    The other three all closed to retail investors and my exposure (now < £10K) is reducing each month as loans are repaid. Luckily I dodged the Lendy, Collateral etc bullets.
    The only active one is Triodos crowdfunding, but the flow of new opportunities is non existent recently so have transferred most of spare cash just sitting there out.
    Otherwise lost interest and sticking with regular investments.
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The best source of comments on lenders' experiences of P2P is at https://p2pindependentforum.com

By the way, Assetz Exchange is entirely devoted to offering loans on property, so wouldn't match your criteria for "non property-oriented firms".

• cfw1994
    cfw1994 Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    Hung up my suit! First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    We we still have a small amount with kuflink - seems to have performed very well for quite a few years, but never had the nerve to invest more than a little play sum.  Not sure why not, tbh….
    Plan for tomorrow, enjoy today!
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Money_Grabber13579 Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Newshound! Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I’ve abandoned peer to peer entirely, having been burnt with The House Crowd. FCA regulation didn’t stop their dodgy practices, but what I can’t understand is why LC&F investors were offered compensation whilst everyone else in other schemes have not been.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 May at 6:47AM
    Options
    I'm in Loanpad.   Since November 2021.   A low 5 figure sum.   Well within my 10% "novice" status.

I've been very happy with them.    They seem very well run, and I like the way they do things.   

There is always that nagging doubt of safety, and that's what holding me back from putting more in.    Happy to let the interest accrue and I do add odd amounts here and there.   Especially "new" money, from interest elsewhere etc.

That P2P forum is very informative too.   I'm not a member, but I do read it regularly, especially anything about Loanpad.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.57% of current retirement "pot" (as at end May 2024)
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I used several platforms and it worked out ok for me but i' have a loan in recovery to high st solicitors for 6 yrs now through Archover, they stopped all payments over a 1yr ago, not looking like i am going to have it repaid so all my profit will be gone.
  • Aceace
    Aceace Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The CEO of CrowdProperty is being interviewed live on FinancialThing tonight at 19:30. You can ask questions via comments. 

https://www.youtube.com/live/7xvsQMgjDs4?si=LRaS8JVO7CQ_sza6
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport