Peer-to-peer lending sites: MSE guide discussion

Options

Comments

• AlanP_2
    AlanP_2 Posts: 3,256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Empor wrote: »
    I've just opened an IFISA with ABLrate as they seem sound, but I don't like their user inferface at all. The SM is way more complicated to use than moneything.

It is more complicated but that provides flexibility.

If you are keen to sell your holding you can offer it for sale at a discount to attract a buyer, equally if you are after part of a "popular" loan you would have to pay a premium as the sellers know that there is "added value" to be had.
  • elephantrosie
    Options
    can i transfer non isa investment on ablrate to its isa?
    Another night of thankfulness.
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You can put your investments on the SM on one account and buy them from another account
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Options
    Is there still a bonus on ratesetter? :)
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • takesyourchances
    Options
    Anyone invest in the latest Moneything loan? It has caused quite a stir on the P2P forum. I have not invested in it, I am awaiting some Albrate loans that are in the pipeline at the moment.
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anyone invest in the latest Moneything loan? It has caused quite a stir on the P2P forum. I have not invested in it, I am awaiting some Albrate loans that are in the pipeline at the moment.

I haven't done my own DD but after reading the thread on the p2p independent forum, I've not invested. There are usually a few questions/concerns re most loans there but this loan has really put people off.

takesyourchances, don't know if you saw my question on the Ablrate thread? How did you fund you Ablrate IFISA? The terms state a minimum initial subscription of £2k being required but you funded just £300 initially?
  • takesyourchances
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »
    I haven't done my own DD but after reading the thread on the p2p independent forum, I've not invested. There are usually a few questions/concerns re most loans there but this loan has really put people off.

takesyourchances, don't know if you saw my question on the Ablrate thread? How did you fund you Ablrate IFISA? The terms state a minimum initial subscription of £2k being required but you funded just £300 initially?

I was the same with that loan, any new loan I always read threads on the P2P forum leading to it for opinions of others who would have more knowledge than me before investing. It was enough to out me off as well. Had it been positive I am sure I would of put something in.

Ah, I never saw your question on the Ablrate thread. When I opened the ISA, after filling in the info to open to account, I funded it maybe an hour later with £300 and put it into 2 new loans on offer.

I saw the £2000 as well, then I read on the P2P forum that this was a mistake in coding and would need updated and there was no need for £2000. So I went ahead and opened the ISA and funded it after with my debit card and it worked out fine.

I guess another update, my Ratesetter, after the news recently I put in to withdraw funds without fees and close the account. I have now reversed that decision and cancelled the request to close the account. I am 26 days now from the £100 bonus after 1 year and thought I may as well collect it, reinvest that elsewhere after waiting this long and drawdown the account rather than close. I have around 3K at 5% in it.

Do you have Assetz Capital? I think I recall reading you had it....I am thinking to diversify a bit further with another platform, do you or anyone have any thoughts on the Green Energy account or this platform in general?

There is a lot of property loans around, while I like Collateral and invest regular, the bling has become less of late and I was thinking maybe this is another sector for diversification. Just at thought at the moment.

Thanks
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'd put off opening the IFISA until I could spend some time investing the £2000 by trading through the SM. I'll look to open the IFISA tonight if there is no need for such a large deposit. The MoneyThing IFISA (when available) will have to be funded by transfers in.

I had considered Assetz but decided to concentrate on my main four platforms ABL, MT, COL, FS but with all my FS loans up for sale I might look again.

The lack of new Bling loans on Collateral is very disappointing. It was only with the most recent of the bling loans that I invested a decent amount. I'm now left to hoover up bits of shrapnel on the SM. As soon as I get a few redemptions rather than renewals, I'm going to struggle to get re-invested.
  • takesyourchances
    takesyourchances Posts: 828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 August 2017 at 8:01PM
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »
    I'd put off opening the IFISA until I could spend some time investing the £2000 by trading through the SM. I'll look to open the IFISA tonight if there is no need for such a large deposit. The MoneyThing IFISA (when available) will have to be funded by transfers in.

I had considered Assetz but decided to concentrate on my main four platforms ABL, MT, COL, FS but with all my FS loans up for sale I might look again.

The lack of new Bling loans on Collateral is very disappointing. It was only with the most recent of the bling loans that I invested a decent amount. I'm now left to hoover up bits of shrapnel on the SM. As soon as I get a few redemptions rather than renewals, I'm going to struggle to get re-invested.

You should be fine opening your ISA on Ablrate tonight and then it is set for any new loans. I have some interest I will withdrawn and then put back into the ISA as well on Ablrate.

I am mainly focused as well on MT, ABL and COL ....gave in and going to let Ratesetter run as it is and collect the bonus as I said. As amounts are growing invested I have been conscious to diversify a little, that kind of brought me to thinking of Assetz, even for a lower allocation and keep it hands off and put my hands on time into MT, ABL and COL. I did not fancy FS myself.

I read this blog now and then which I find interesting and this guy as a reasonable allocation in Assetz and a review too http://www.financialthing.com/holdings/

It seems COL is going more property now, which is a shame as the new Bling loans are few and far between. It is adding up to a reasonable amount in property now across the 3. I plan to keep investing in COL though as I like the platform and how they deal with things.

The Green Energy at Assetz may take a while to invest and it is a lower rate than the 12%'ers but I might consider an allocation and keep it hands off.

Cheers for the input on things.
  • takesyourchances
    Options
    It was good to see the bling back on Collateral, even with the lower 10% rate, so I took a slice of it. I also added to the latest loan for Bolton offering 15%, an interesting offering for Collateral to push things on. Fingers crossed on it, the amounts add up across the loans for Bolton.

I decided to open an account with Assetz Capital for a bit more diversification after reading into them. I have to say, I really like their web site interface and how it all works so far. With keeping Ratesetter now also, I am going to take my 5 year income repayments and move them into the 30 day notice account in Assetz so as to not tie these funds up as much hopefully. This is what I have decided for my hands off part of P2P and I added some funds to the Green Energy account, which seems slow to add to but at least the funds are in interest in the easy access account while awaiting investment.

Asides this, awaiting now new loans for Ablrate for to place in the ISA.

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure