Is it OK to wear knee high boots to a job interview?

Options
1235»

Comments

• dogstarheaven
    Options
    you having a larf???
  • cinderfella
    Options
    you having a larf???

Not at all. There was a lady where I worked in a professional accountants office who was always trying to impress her bosses. She was a bit of a fashionista & her pink wellies were part of her power dressing arsenal.:j
  • dogstarheaven
    Options
    if i were her boss, it'd put in a strong word or to HR. She obviously has no professional duty to her company for her to think that she's the arbiter of fashion. the workplace has desired dress codes. if she were in the fashion industry, she'd be laughed at, not unless she wanted to parody the look of the country bumpkin!
  • brokeinwales
    Options
    Not at all. There was a lady where I worked in a professional accountants office who was always trying to impress her bosses. She was a bit of a fashionista & her pink wellies were part of her power dressing arsenal.:j

That is really bizarre.

Anyway - just to update, attended interview, not sure how it went yet, but saw a couple of other women around the office wearing similar outfits so guess it can't have been that bad!
  • dogstarheaven
    Options
    hope you did well. i'm up for an interview this friday for a skills test. i'll just wear the usual black trouser suit and black coat. nothing too outrageous.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure