Is it OK to wear knee high boots to a job interview?

Options

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    denla wrote: »
    Generally speaking, if the employer is attracted to the applicant, she'll get the job. Otherwise he'll say she's wearing inappropriate footwear. Uglies and average looking females best not wear boots.

Who said applicant was a she?

A little sexual discrimination going on here in our political correct elf n safety utopia i think?:rotfl:
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • denla
    denla Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options
    Hasbeen wrote: »
    Who said applicant was a she?

A little sexual discrimination going on here in our political correct elf n safety utopia i think?:rotfl:

Can you really picture a man wearing boots to knee level?
  • WilliamO
    WilliamO Posts: 385 Forumite
    Options
    What if the applicant is a Shemale?
  • WilliamO
    WilliamO Posts: 385 Forumite
    Options
    Or a Tranny?
  • NiallB
    NiallB Posts: 730 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Then the tranny will be rejected just because it is a tranny, but employer will use a tactful excuse to reject the tranny.

"It"? .
  • dogstarheaven
    Options
    Smart black ones with a low heel - not tarty or casual. I know it's going to be wet out and they're the only things I have that are both smart and weather appropriate (and I can't walk in heels!) - I'd be wearing them with a smart almost-knee-length dress, tights and a blazer.

What kind of skirt will it be? i hope it's not the bum skimming, cheap polyester type and how much is the hem above the knee? :eek:

also, your tights should not be transparent. make sure they're opaque with a high denier. make sure your cleavage is not showing. As your role is just in admin, it wouldn't really matter if you're that uber professional. Just looking smart is enough.
  • denla
    denla Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options
    NiallB wrote: »
    "It"? .

Trannies can be male turned female or the other way round. After becoming a transgender their passport may or may not be changed to reflect their new gender identity. A lot simpler to call trannies an 'it' when I'm generalising.
  • brokeinwales
    Options
    What kind of skirt will it be? i hope it's not the bum skimming, cheap polyester type and how much is the hem above the knee? :eek:

It's a smart cotton dress that literally stops just at teh top of my kneecaps - pencil-style skirt, but not tight. Tights always 40-70 denier in this weather!
    make sure your cleavage is not showing

If I had such a thing as cleavage to show (I wish...), it would be very much covered!
  • NiallB
    NiallB Posts: 730 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Trannies can be male turned female or the other way round. After becoming a transgender their passport may or may not be changed to reflect their new gender identity. A lot simpler to call trannies an 'it' when I'm generalising.

Point taken, I think "he or she" would be a better way of putting it though ;)
  • cinderfella
    Options
    Instead of wearing boots why not go for the country look & wear a pair of wellies. They do pink ones with a pattern which look very smart.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure