We Are Decking the Halls with NSDs December Challenge

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Big hugs needed all round today by the sound of it.

Freeby - glad you and DD2 are ok (and enjoy the nice 62 plate car ;))

Rising - at least the iron didn't land on your foot :eek::eek:

BDINI - pah to whatever the rubbish news was - let us know if you need us to pay anyone a visit ;)

Well not a NSD for me, needed a couple of essentials (incl some 'lady bits') so totally unavoidable. Also tried two sports shops to get OH some trainers for Xmas he likes - seems like everyone else likes them too, and the only pair in his size left in one of the shops had some bad glue marks on so wan't giving those to him. Just bitten the bullet and ordered online - for £3.99 delivery he's worth it. :heart2:

Just craked into the first choc orange of the year - might have been a little over zealous with the 'tap and unwrap' more like 'bash - shatter - unwrap' :o
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• suzitiger
    Options
    i used to see my aunt cook in her coat!lol, you are so hardcore, i have had my heating on since nov.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Jeeeeeez, I'm not THAT hardcore, the heating goes on every day from October. But we have it on a timer and very low boiler temp, its a combi so we have no thermostat for the house, its just guess work. We have it on for an hour every morning and 2 hrs every eve. :D
    What I meant was that I was working in the house and it was a blizzard outside so I put it on extra so that I didn't freeze, it is extremly cold in our flat even in the summer, its like a little cave but without the contstant temperature.:cool:
    sorry it's just a quick one tonight, had some bad news on the work front & just need to hide away in my bed!!

Hope you are ok bdini, I agree with Nargle, tomorrow is another day, you will get through it whatever it is.

Well, no NSD for me again, just keep having to get bits which is very disorganised of me. Must. do. better otherwise I might fa.....I mean, flip up this month! :rotfl:
    Don't turn a slip up into a give up:D
    *NSD Challenge Nov 0/10* *£10 a day challenge Nov £0/£300*
    No buying unnecessary toiletries challenge-in it for the long haul
    :D

• shannys_taxi_driver
    Options
    NSD 3 for me please :D
    Debt at official LBM Sept 2008: £[strike]29967.84[/strike] £19265.12 35% paid :money:
    Current debt(10/01/13): GM Card : £2311.94 Barclaycard : £4612.69 Overdraft : £1572.31 Bank of mum and dad : £560 Bank Loan : £10208.18
    NSD January 9/12
  • kururunfa
    Options
    Is it too late to join in?

If not, can I count days as NSDs if the only thing I buy is groceries? I live in a rural area and buy stuff fresh from the local butcher each day.

Assuming the above is OK, I'd like to declare today my first NSD of the month!
    £2013 in 2013 Member |
  • shannys_taxi_driver
    Options
    kururunfa, you can choose what you count as an NSD, that is the beauty of this challenge.

Welcome to the thread :)
    Debt at official LBM Sept 2008: £[strike]29967.84[/strike] £19265.12 35% paid :money:
    Current debt(10/01/13): GM Card : £2311.94 Barclaycard : £4612.69 Overdraft : £1572.31 Bank of mum and dad : £560 Bank Loan : £10208.18
    NSD January 9/12
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    NSD #2 today for me! Yay!

Some of you are amazing, 4 or 5 already? wow! :T

Going for number 3 tomorrow!:)
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • freebyfifty
    freebyfifty Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning :)

NSD #5 captured yesterday :)

Have a great Friday eve :T
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
    August NSD Challenge 14/15
  • freebyfifty
    Options
    kururunfa wrote: »
    Is it too late to join in?

If not, can I count days as NSDs if the only thing I buy is groceries? I live in a rural area and buy stuff fresh from the local butcher each day.

Assuming the above is OK, I'd like to declare today my first NSD of the month!

Welcome to the challenge. :) I have put you on the front page but I need to know how many NSDs you'd like to aim for this month?

You can count your NSDs however you like as long as it is making you concentrate on your spending and any bad money habits :)

Well done on getting your first one and good luck for lots more :)
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
  • freebyfifty
    Options
    BDINI - I hope you are okay. Sending you a massive (((hug))).

Remember, one day this will all be over and you will be stronger and wiser for it :A and hopefully some horrible little bully will have been put firmly in their place :)

Until then, there is always the NSD Posse :rotfl:
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
  • freebyfifty
    Options
    Rising - Hope you are okay?? Pants to the iron though. But, in my opinion, ironing is vastly overrated. What's wrong with a crease or two? :rotfl:

Take care of yourself :smileyhea
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business