PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

rice pudding question

Options
Hi there!

Sorry, I put this in the quickies but no-one answered - I cooked the pudding on Tuesday night and it's in the fridge so don't want to eat it if it's gonna do strange things to me........!!

I know that cooked savoury rice goes off pretty quick and you mustn't leave it sitting around as nasties grow on it really fast...

But what about rice pudding?? I am rediscovering this and just made way too much last night!

Alex x

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    For a bet, nobody answered because nobody knows for sure either way.

If it was cooled quickly and put straight in the fridge, and if it is thoroughly heated throughout it "should" be OK.

In other words - just treat it the way you would treat ordinary rice and you'll be on the safe side.

I'm just having trouble grasping the concept of leftover rice pudding :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • MrsBartolozzi
    MrsBartolozzi Posts: 6,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I usually make a big batch of rice pudding to serve 2 or 3 days, keeps well enough in the fridge, like most other puds BUT
    am I missing something here - is it different to other things in that it might not keep well???? :shrug:

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's nothing nicer than cold rice pudding.
  • pudding06
    pudding06 Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    If its been in the frisge you should be ok. I'd eat it but I eat anything lol

it should keep about 2 - 3 days in the fridge but if you dont want it send it to me I'll have it !!!!!!

pudds
    August 2009 grocery challenge £172.64/,,,,,

no point in doing grocery challenges, have no money left over to eat :0/
  • spaghetti_monster
    Options
    excellent news that I can eat the rest of it! I love it cold as well....

I did eat it for breakfast the next morning and a little bit for lunch (so I am a bit of a pig really!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport