We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Unpaid PCN -baliff letter

Here's hoping someone can help me please.

Original fine relates to my ex partner using my car, we were together at the time, and veering into bus lane.
Medway council duly served pcn. The car was being used to carry her disabled mother to hospital she has a blue badge etc. we tried to appeal via her mothers social worker and until now have heard nothing. We believed it had all been resolved.

My ex has made me aware this morning of letter from Newlyns. It was a baliff removal notice letter, no note of amounts etc or who they are collecting for. Just vehicle registration number and their reference.

I rang Northampton who without the PCN could not help. To be honest I guessed it was Medway council and rang them. The PCN is for £97 when it left them. However thy would not take payment from me and told me to contact baliffs direct.

I'm not disputing fine tbh I will have to pay , however I don't want to be ripped off with charges. I rang Newlyns head office not the bailiff, was told they could not give me the total amount, I would have to deal/talk to the baliff concerned.

We are separated at the moment so I don't live at the property but my ex and children do, so I need to resolve matter as not to put any further distress on them

Please can someone advise, as I said I will have to pay but hopefully not an extortionate amount.

Comments

  • bailiffeadviceonline are the best where bailiffs are involved. There is a £10 fee but they are well worth it.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.