IB to ESA support group no medical

Options
headcone
headcone Posts: 536 Forumite
edited 22 November 2012 at 12:00AM in Benefits & tax credits
Well after just over ten weeks waiting since i put the ESA50 form in,today I received notification that I have been placed in the support group,without having to endure the farcical Atos medical assessment.

I would like to thank the people on this board who have offered invaluable advice.(they know who they are).

There is no mention of timescale for review,so i hope they are taking the sensible option of leaving me to State retirement age in slightly less than three years time.

My health problems are progressive with no hope of improvement so this would be the most reasonable and tax cost effective way to deal with me.

I know many do not get such a good outcome, but heres hoping that DWP and ATOS are coming to their senses.

Good luck to all those waiting.
Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam

Comments

• Muttleythefrog
    Options
    Great news for you. I don't recall if I've advised it before... but useful to you will be requesting the ESA85A ATOS report... I'll assume you haven't got that so far. Although you didn't get a face to face medical (thankfully!) ATOS as the DWP's medical advisors for ESA should have produced this report. You can request it by calling DWP at number at top of DWP ESA letters.

It'll be useful because it'll almost certainly contain the specific reason why you qualified for Support group (DWP will almost certainly have followed their advice for decision)... handy if you have to face reassessment. And on the subject of reassessment this is usually timed in accordance with the prognosis given by ATOS.. this should also be on the report. Typically reassessment is between 3 and 36 months.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure