recommendation for good indian restaurant in glasgow

Options
chardonnay_2
chardonnay_2 Posts: 2,201 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
hi looking for a recommendation for an indian restaurant in glasgow. it's my dad's 60th this week. he would like to go to a nice buffet or possibly pre theatre menu.

cheers for any suggestions
:love: married to the man of my dreams! 9-08-09:love:

Comments

• xxxdarlingxxx
    Options
    The Ashoka chain of restaurants are very good, there are quite a few too. I have been to the one at Charing Cross and the one in Ashton Lane.

hope your dad has a lovely birthday xxx
    xxxdxxx

With compassision, good manners, kindness and dignity as your ticket you will travel far in life.
  • am_bain
    am_bain Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The India Quay is very nice and I am sure they have a pre theatre menu it is near the ssec.
    Ann
  • Need_More_Money_2
    Options
    It's a long time since I've been there, but the Koh-i-Noor at Charing Cross used to have a good buffet
  • CarolnMalky
    CarolnMalky Posts: 14,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mr Singhs India on Elderslie/Sauchiehall street is superb!
    If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn
  • Eels100
    Eels100 Posts: 984 Forumite
    Options
    Once upon a time Agra at Anniesland (Crow Road North, near the Lock and the Canal bars) was really good, but that was a long time back.
  • chardonnay_2
    chardonnay_2 Posts: 2,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cafe india has reopened in albion st - anyone been? - edit it is still dings and looks grim
    :love: married to the man of my dreams! 9-08-09:love:
  • dandare
    dandare Posts: 311 Forumite
    Options
    my mate gave mother india some serious thumbs up, nevr been myself though. think its out the west end.
    oh Dhabba merchant city, now i've been there and it's great north indian cuisine, superb and the srvice is 1st class. they also have dahkin just along the road they do south indian cuisine again class, a bit cheaper as well.
  • weegie_2
    weegie_2 Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Agree 100% with the Dhabba and Dahkin. We went last year with my father in law (who is indian) to the Dahkin. He said it was the most authentic indian meal he had ever had over here (and he's been here well over 30 years). We went with his son and wife who were over from india and they taught us all to eat with our hands, they way the indians do. One of the best indian meals I've had - didn't feel stuffed afterwards as I usually do with indian food. I can't recommend this place enough allthough it is more expensive - but I'm sure they do pre theatre.....oh, and the service was great. They kept my wee boy well amused :-)
  • Skint-gall
    Skint-gall Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    Try Mr Singhs
    Skint- Gall
    :p
    Trying my best to get out of debt!

Joint Northern Rock, balance £17000, £194 pcm approx 11% APR
    Mines. Egg Loan Balance £10,551.85. ££215.21 pcm Due to finish 01/02/20012. APR 7.7%
    Mines. Cahoot credit card. Limit £4000, balance £4337.21, £100 pcm. 11.8% apr
    Mines. Cahoot o/d. Limit £2000. Balance £2020.32 Attempt to pay £80 pcm. APR 9.8%
    Mines. Choice Balance £902.49,Goods on approval £547.00. Pay approx £120 pcm
    Joint Alliance and Leicester o/d. Limit £100. Current balance £in credit.

Joint Smile O/d.Limit £500Balance-£350.

Total Joint debt March 07 £35708.87 Dec06 £36,307.03:eek: £36468,57 Nov06[/COLOR]
  • ckerrd
    ckerrd Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    Options
    If you use the Ashoka group get your self a loyalty card for 20% off

I use Ashoka West End, Ashoka Ashton Lane (Good for loads of nice pubs nearby) and the Spice of Life

Killermont Polo Club in Maryhill used to be excellent but not been for a few years
    We all evolve - get on with it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport