We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Freebies board chat thread

Options

Comments

• izzieuk
    izzieuk Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone gone onto tick!!!!!!!! since yesterday and noticed it has become some sort of weird business survey site?

I found a hidden away old facebook page for it and some users have dug up some T&C's from the old site. Apparently they had hidden away in the T&Cs that they were closing the site and all points become void 1 January 2016. It's on a post on the side here https://www.facebook.com/Tickboxnet-192313874118225/?fref=ts

I'm quite shocked really. There was no email newsletter or announcement on the homepage, so they really didn't give people enough warning to spend their points. I wonder if anyone will complain. Isn't their an authority that oversees market research? I forget their name.

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I scanned a few sub forums but couldn't find mention of it. Mind you the word 'tickbox' could apply to so many things it's hard to search for!
  • izzieuk
    izzieuk Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    Apparently the survey site in question isn't allowed to be named? I didn't know about this but it seems to have been filtered. I do apologise.
  • Sjay
    Sjay Posts: 141 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Son't suppose anyone can tell me where the amazon review thread has gone? it's not vanished for being a bit dodgy has it? curious before i continue using the site....
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,982 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sjay wrote: »
    Son't suppose anyone can tell me where the amazon review thread has gone? it's not vanished for being a bit dodgy has it? curious before i continue using the site....

Its been deleted by the forum team.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sjay
    Sjay Posts: 141 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Its been deleted by the forum team.

Thank you sarah. Is it not recommended we use the site or something? I don't want to get my amazon account blocked or hacked, if you know something we don't!?!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,982 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sjay wrote: »
    Thank you sarah. Is it not recommended we use the site or something? I don't want to get my amazon account blocked or hacked, if you know something we don't!?!

No idea why its been deleted to be honest.

With a lot of people losing their rights to be able to write reviews for products on the Amazon website, maybe thats why? Thats only my guess though.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Scorpiomarie
    Options
    Hello, does anyone know of any other amazon review websites other than AMZ reviews? I would like suggestions please and thank you :)
    :coffee:
  • Tealblue
    Tealblue Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Google on 'Amazon Review sites' and you get lots of possibilities.
  • DSmiffy
    DSmiffy Posts: 791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    no longer working
  • Laura_Scotland
    Options
    I wasn't sure whether to start a thread or not, so hopefully it's ok to post on this one. Apologies if this has been asked before, I searched but didn't find anything!

I've noticed a lot of foundation sample freebies mentioned on here and other sites, where you go to the brand's counter in a department store etc and ask for one. I would like some samples, but I've never wanted to go up to the counters to ask! I'm quite shy and would be a bit awkward saying no if the sales assistant was pushy and tried to talk me into buying something.

I just wondered if anyone here had went to counters to ask for samples and how was the experience? :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure