Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

Freebies board chat thread - Page 32

New Post Advanced Search

Freebies board chat thread

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
351 replies 118.7K views

Replies

• izzieukizzieuk Forumite
    123 posts
    Has anyone gone onto tick!!!!!!!! since yesterday and noticed it has become some sort of weird business survey site?

I found a hidden away old facebook page for it and some users have dug up some T&C's from the old site. Apparently they had hidden away in the T&Cs that they were closing the site and all points become void 1 January 2016. It's on a post on the side here https://www.facebook.com/Tickboxnet-192313874118225/?fref=ts

I'm quite shocked really. There was no email newsletter or announcement on the homepage, so they really didn't give people enough warning to spend their points. I wonder if anyone will complain. Isn't their an authority that oversees market research? I forget their name.

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I scanned a few sub forums but couldn't find mention of it. Mind you the word 'tickbox' could apply to so many things it's hard to search for!
  • izzieukizzieuk Forumite
    123 posts
    Apparently the survey site in question isn't allowed to be named? I didn't know about this but it seems to have been filtered. I do apologise.
  • SjaySjay Forumite
    141 posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Son't suppose anyone can tell me where the amazon review thread has gone? it's not vanished for being a bit dodgy has it? curious before i continue using the site....
  • sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sjay wrote: »
    Son't suppose anyone can tell me where the amazon review thread has gone? it's not vanished for being a bit dodgy has it? curious before i continue using the site....

Its been deleted by the forum team.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • SjaySjay Forumite
    141 posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Its been deleted by the forum team.

Thank you sarah. Is it not recommended we use the site or something? I don't want to get my amazon account blocked or hacked, if you know something we don't!?!
  • sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sjay wrote: »
    Thank you sarah. Is it not recommended we use the site or something? I don't want to get my amazon account blocked or hacked, if you know something we don't!?!

No idea why its been deleted to be honest.

With a lot of people losing their rights to be able to write reviews for products on the Amazon website, maybe thats why? Thats only my guess though.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • Hello, does anyone know of any other amazon review websites other than AMZ reviews? I would like suggestions please and thank you :)
    :coffee:
  • TealblueTealblue Forumite
    849 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Google on 'Amazon Review sites' and you get lots of possibilities.
  • DSmiffyDSmiffy Forumite
    785 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    no longer working
  • I wasn't sure whether to start a thread or not, so hopefully it's ok to post on this one. Apologies if this has been asked before, I searched but didn't find anything!

I've noticed a lot of foundation sample freebies mentioned on here and other sites, where you go to the brand's counter in a department store etc and ask for one. I would like some samples, but I've never wanted to go up to the counters to ask! I'm quite shy and would be a bit awkward saying no if the sales assistant was pushy and tried to talk me into buying something.

I just wondered if anyone here had went to counters to ask for samples and how was the experience? :)