PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: House prices fell in October, says Halifax

Options
2»

Comments

• brian_723
    brian_723 Posts: 337 Forumite
    Options
    The problem is with the amount of people coming to the uk right now it is very hard for hosue sto fall much with interest rates and the current lows .the are people willing to pay good money just to rent a room .

If i could get a mortgage ,which on my salary would need to be 4.5 my income which i am sure no lender will lend on despite the fact i have about 25% deposit .it is frustrating as i rent room right now and woul much rather own a house and rent the 2 spare rooms out when I want or need to .A good part of that income would be tax free also .I just want house to live in fall or go up not bothered but my life is on hold right now living in a room and getting very little for my money .
  • kathme
    Options
    there is no house price fall in London. Rent a room in East London for £700 or try to buy. London is full of buy- to- renters. The price is also being put up by Europeans who want to have money out of Euros and who may or not pay UK taxes.
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    kathme wrote: »
    there is no house price fall in London. Rent a room in East London for £700 or try to buy. London is full of buy- to- renters. The price is also being put up by Europeans who want to have money out of Euros and who may or not pay UK taxes.

London is not immune..look back at the last crash and see what happened to London...
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure