25% off 6 bottles of wine @ Tesco's.

Options

Comments

• melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just received my order, didn't get the Bella Figura Shiraz and only 3 bottles of Ogio, but I don't mind.

I ended up with 21 bottles of Hardy's VA cabernet sauvignon, 12 bottles of Hardy's VA merlot and 3 bottles of Ogio Merlot.

Worked out at £2.48 per bottle, well pleased :)
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    These would be great for christmas presents for neighbours. I know nothing about wine (cider drinker!) can anyone recommend any of the ones that are included in the offer?

You will not be able to order online as the offer ends today, you will have to go to a store today.
  • Denise07
    Denise07 Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all
    Thanks for this, just used the offer in Tesco Chippenham - Hardys was in stock, they did not have any yesterday but had a new delivery today.
    Cheers all:beer:
  • smallblueplanet
    smallblueplanet Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 4 November 2012 at 3:05PM
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    As far as I am aware until they have dispatched your order they do not have to supply you with anything if they do not want to.

It is up to you to agree terms.

That being said, you could always argue the point and they may give in for the sake of customer relations.

I ordered x6 Ogio merlot (showing as £9.99/bottle and 3 for £12) online last night - it said I could only have 6, plus I added some Cava and a port and sherry. But only the fizz and port and sherry turned up with 25% discount - fortunately I ordered more than 6 of them in total to ensure the 25% discount was triggered if they were out of Ogio and didn't substitute.

Well no surprise no Ogio - but more of a surprise (not really we know how Mr T works!) there was no suitable substitute available. What no red wine in Tesco's?! So I phoned customer services to argue the point, they contacted the store who apologised for no red wine sent - human error apparently. So the CS bloke offered me a £5 evoucher as goodwill. I suggested that wasn't good enough and wanted my £6 delivery refunded too, which he did. Result! So got some very reasonably priced cava, port and sherry (about £3/bottle as I'd also got £9 of coupons on the order!). Merry Christmas Mr T! :beer:
  • holidaysforme
    Options
    Well, very pleased. Went to another Tesco today and they had loads of hardys on the 3 for £12 . Got 24 bottles. Happy days:beer:
  • lizlucy
    Options
    Went to Tesco (HD Cheshire) this morning. Found Ogio Merlot on shelf with 3 for £12 label. Put 6 bottles in trolley and when I got to checkout it came up on the till as withdrawn from sale so checkout girl called supervisor who said I could not buy it as there might be something wrong with it!
  • I went into store the other day and got 6 Hardys and 6 ogio for £22.84, I also picked 3 other cases of ogio up for my mum n dad and friend.

I decided to have another last ditch attempt last night, and ordered 3 bottles red ogio and 3 bottles of bella figura Chardonnay to collect in store. Didn't know if it would work because no red ogio on shelves the other day. Anyhoo, they substituted the red and the white (with decent stuff), price matched it, discounted it, and I ended up paying £7.07 for 6 bottles! :beer: Although to be fair I really can't work out the maths by looking at the receipt! :rotfl:

So happy, lots of Xmas presses sorted, price averaged out at £1.58 a bottle! Thanks very much op and everyone else, saved me a fortune!:j
  • Northernstar
    Northernstar Posts: 1,082 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Really pleased ordered some wine for delivery today,

I ordered 6 Albani
    6 Hardys VR
    3 Bella Figura Pinot Grigio

They had no Bella Figura in stock so subbed with one of the finest Tesco wines, so I got the 3 for 12, plus the 3 Tesco finest wines they substituted with triggered the 2 for 12 as well.

So very pleased.
  • Curlytop_2
    Options
    Has anyone had any success in express stores? My local exprerss is running the 25% offer, and has Ogio Merlot in stock at £9 price. No sign of any multibuy labels for any of their wines. Anyone had experience of getting the multibuys in an Express?
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    Really pleased ordered some wine for delivery today,

I ordered 6 Albani
    6 Hardys VR
    3 Bella Figura Pinot Grigio

They had no Bella Figura in stock so subbed with one of the finest Tesco wines, so I got the 3 for 12, plus the 3 Tesco finest wines they substituted with triggered the 2 for 12 as well.

So very pleased.

Could I ask if the finest wines were more expensive than the ones ordered?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure