edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
2 replies 486 views
v5076v5076 Forumite
250 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Hi all

I hope you can help. I made a claim for miss-sold Ppi from capital one back in April. However after many delaying letters I have today received a response saying that as I entered into an IVA back in 2005 (therefore completed before I made a claim) that I cannot now make a claim for miss old ppi.

Any ideas of a response to this or should I just let it drop?

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    It's usually perfectly possible to make a PPI complaint after completing an IVA. The usual problem is that the Bank is allowed to offset any redress awarded against any outstanding debt written off as part of the IVA.
    Never heard of anyone with an IVA actually being precluded from making a complaint though...
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a relatively new development where those in an IVA cannot complain about it and the FOS will not take on complaints about PPI. I have seen it on a few threads now.

However, this was only on those that were in the IVA still. Not those that completed it. (although the redress if successful can still go against the amount written off if the bank wants it to)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals