Sophos anybody?

Options
(Sophos Endpoint Security and Control to be exact). Has been set up at school (he no longer goes to) and updates from there aren't available anymore.

But "second server" "Sophos" is ok for SAVXP (anti-virus XML?), but RMSNT isn't updated (no updates found) and Autoupdate is always skipped. I guess RMSNT isn't important (!?) but Autoupdate is. Don't know why its always skipped. Is this usable or should I zap it?
If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    erm, what?!
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Yes, an example of an AV product normal people aren't meant to understand.

There appear to be 3 updates processes SAVXP, RMSNT and Autoupdate. Anybody know what RMSNT is?
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • waddler_8
    waddler_8 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    If he's left the school uninstall it and install a home use AV. You'll potentially run into too many problems that you won't have the school's IT dept to give support with.
  • grumpycrab
    Options
    ^ looking like a good bet;
  • grumpycrab
    Options
    waddler_8 wrote: »
    If he's left the school uninstall it [Sophos Anti-Virus]
    Not sure whether this was expected or not but I couldn't uninstall it (user needs to be part of the "Sophos Adminsitrators Group" or something.)

If I can get on as a LOCAL admin will I be able to un-install it? Or is this best taken back to the domain techs at his school. Thanks.
  • heyjim
    heyjim Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    You'll be able to uninstall it with local admin
  • grumpycrab
    Options
    waddler_8 wrote: »
    That'll be useful thanks if I can get in as local admin. Considering using password reset tool (local admin password is unknown) but as this is a neighbours laptop I'll ask first.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure