Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion?

Options
Has anyone had any issues upgrading directly from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion on a 4yr old (intel based) Macbook Pro?

Have read mixed reviews on the App store which are making me a tad apprehensive about upgrading.
“You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”

Comments

• Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Options
    As long as you make sure you have all the latest Snow Leopard updates installed you should have no problems.

Make a backup.

Don't forget that for every person that has a problem and complains there are thousands that didn't have any problems and those are the ones you don't hear about.

Make a backup
    Also you have to take some of the complaints with a pinch of salt as the world is full of people who either don't read or are unable to follow instructions then do something stupid and of course they blame anyone rather than themselves.

Make a backup.

A big question you should ask yourself is do you need to upgrade? If your MacBook does everything you need it to then why bother. If there's some software that needs ML then fair enough.

Ddid I mention that you should make a backup?
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mr_Toad wrote: »
    As long as you make sure you have all the latest Snow Leopard updates installed you should have no problems.

Make a backup.

A big question you should ask yourself is do you need to upgrade? If your MacBook does everything you need it to then why bother. If there's some software that needs ML then fair enough.

Ddid I mention that you should make a backup?

:D

Latest updates installed and backup currently underway, although at this rate it might take quite some time as only 18.6GB / 135GB complete after several hours :eek:

My only reason for upgrading is so I can install Snow Leopard on another machine before re-selling it back on Ebay to recoup my money ;)
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • Mondez
    Mondez Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    As I understand it the license is an upgrade license when bought from the app store and relies on you having a license to Snow Leopard or Lion already. Therefore technically you would be in breach of your license agreement if you then sold you Snow Leopard license attached to another machine.
    Then again, apples app store licensing is a mess and I doubt they would ever catch you to enforce it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure