Refunded but minus the CC fee

We should be on holiday this week however due to a last minute problem with the UK cottage we had booked are not :(

The agency I booked it with couldnt find alternative accommodation at such short notice so have refunded me but kept the extra I paid at booking to pay by Visa which they are adamant they wont refund

Ive spoken to Visa and apparently they are within their rights to do this, in fact they are probably being generous, as long as they refund 'most' of the money I had paid Visa wont log a dispute against them

Lesson learned
The protection you get paying by credit card can be subject to an arbitrary "admin fee"

Comments

• blitzboy
    blitzboy Posts: 477 Forumite
    Bit rubbish considering it was not your fault that it's been cancelled, but yes unfortunately totally within their rights.

I'm not sure why you're being so kind as to not name the company though, I certainly would be!
  • Had thought about naming them but as they are a small provincial outfit on the East Coast and probably wouldnt come up in anyones Google searches

My frustration is eased by a neighbour asking my experiences as they have a cottage nearby let via cottages4u and were thinking of changing to a smaller agent - they no longer are :)
  • What was the nature of the problem?

I would be tempted to contact the owners of the cottage directly if it was their fault and ask them to reimburse the booking fee!
    ....Practically Perfect in Every Way......:grinheart
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport