Can you recommend some Secondary Glazing??

I live in London in an ex-local flat with (ahem) gorgeous single glazed crittle windows :rotfl:.
I am unable to get double glazing but was looking at getting some proper secondary glazing done in a the bedrooms.
The type with sliding doors and not the perspex attached to the frame.

Can anyone recommend a good company or two around london who do them. or who make them up and I can fit them myself.
I was thinking about http://www.secondaryglazing.com /Protech Direct but have seen some amusing reviews about the customer care, so open for some more suggestions.

Unfortunately, price is an issue so can't go for super expensive ones.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks all :)
--- Hitting the thanks button as often as is needed ---

Replies

• 492800492800 Forumite
    200 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Forumite
    Just a little 'bump' in case there's some new viewers around who can maybe help :-)
  • I can recommend Everest to do secondary glazing, I had them installed in our flat in Kent, it's a grade 2 listed so can't have proper double glazing installed. Although I just read your last comment about price :( missed that first time! Everest were pretty pricey!
    I have also heard good things about Glazetech and i think they are a bit more reasonable, they are in Maidstone but I guess London isn't to far for them!
  • fluffpotfluffpot Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    We had ours done in SW London by a company called AE Glazing. They were the best price and excellent service - very tidy and polite and windows look great.

http://www.aeglazing.co.uk
  • 492800492800 Forumite
    200 Posts
    Forumite
    thanks forumers.. :-)
    Fluffpot, would you mind letting me know how many windows you had done the style (sliding/lift out etc?) and the pricing? just so I can get an idea. I've really no idea yet how much this may be.
    Thanks
  • fluffpotfluffpot Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    It was about 2 years ago and we had 4 windows done (3 of them very large sashes) with just 'lift out'. The price included supply and fit (done very well with framing) and was £1K. I did shop around and this was actually the best price. They do also sliding ones and some friends of mine had these and are very happy with them

I'd get them in for a quote

Fluff
  • 492800492800 Forumite
    200 Posts
    Forumite
    thanks fluffpot
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points